Broken Shinobi

Keiko's POV

Jumping through the branches of the trees along the border of the land of iron, the once freezing wind turned to a cool breeze that gently moving my cloak and hair as I scanned the bridge I was about to cross

Jumping through the branches of the trees along the border of the land of iron, the once freezing wind turned to a cool breeze that gently moving my cloak and hair as I scanned the bridge I was about to cross.  Sakura's team had already left Kakashi, Tenzo, and Naruto.  Naruto of course needed time to rest but seemed to be in better spirits knowing that Sasuke wasn't truly trying to dive into complete darkness.  After relaying what happened at the summit to Kakashi, his face obviously grew into worry.  Against his wishes, I decided to go ahead and let Sakura know what was happening.  However, I knew that he was waiting for me.  But I wasn't sure why he was alone.  I couldn't sense either of Danzo's body guards' chakra near him but there he was.  Standing in the middle of the bridge.  I could feel his scrutinizing eye burning at me.

I jumped down swiftly and closed some of the distance between us, however keeping some space at the same time.  Knowing deep down that only one of us would be leaving this bridge alive.  I knew Sasuke wanted to kill him for Itachi's misfortune.  But to be completely honest, I wanted to avenge my little brother as well.  A twist in my gut told me I shouldn't want that as a shinobi, as a leaf shinobi who is a wife and mother, I shouldn't want revenge.  Or at least not act upon it..

"What happened to Torune and Fu?"  I decided to voice my concern.  Even if I don't agree with Danzo and certainly dislike him, unless he attacks me or my family I won't make a move.

"That's none of your concern traitor."  He growled with a deep frown.

"I have done nothing treasonous Danzo.  They were killed weren't they?"  I raised an eyebrow, giving a pointed look at the scuff marks on the ground and deep purple beetles that was a telltale sign of Torune Aburame.

"Tch.  You broke out of confinement, came to the summit against orders, reasoned with the enemy-"

"This 'enemy' you speak of isn't Sasuke.  I know you arranged with Orochimaru and ordered Itachi to kill the clan.  If either of us is treasonous, it's you."  I cut in, resting a hand on the hilt of my katana.  My three sharingan tomoes spun threateningly.

"How dare you, I have always protected the village no matter what.  If Itachi was that loose lipped that you found out then he truly was trash."  He snorted and a smirk that was instantly erased as I flashed in front of him landing a swift punch to the face.  His body collided with the pillar of the bridge earning a deep grunt from the old man.  I was secretly thanking Guy for helping me gain more speed even with my sharingan while Kakashi went with Sasuke on the mission to kill Itachi.

"Itachi told me nothing about his mission Danzo.  You've done enough to my family and clan.  Not just by having them all murdered.  But by also stealing their eyes, isn't that right?"  I felt the hot anger rise through me as I glared at his "bandaged" eye and arm.  He growled in response and just ripped off his bandages from his arm.  Ten red eyes glowed from his arm, I recognized two of those eyes were mangekyou.  The only other Uchiha that had the mangekyou would be my father.  Now instead of looking up into his eyes and seeing his stern but caring face, they were just sitting in almost a clay-like flesh.  It wasn't Danzo's real skin.  That much I could tell.  Probably Orochimaru's doing.