Goodbye

Keiko's POV

Keiko's POV

The sunlight shone brightly through my window as I sleepily fluttered my eyes open. I slowly got up and stretched my arms and legs.  Tenzo must've left early this morning.  I looked around the apartment with no sign of him.  I guess he could've been called on a mission.  I thought to myself as I started pulling out some food to make Sasuke's lunch after his test.  That's when I noticed the note on the refrigerator,

Princess - meet me at the ramen shop after you drop Sasuke off.

I smiled to myself and finished making Sasuke's boxed lunch.  I then made my way to Sasuke's room.  He was completely knocked out.  His hair was all messy and he was softly snoring and the blankets were tightly wrapped around him like a cocoon.  Making my way around the side of his bed, smiling sweetly I gently grabbed the edge of the blanket and yanked as hard as I could.  Resulting in my little brother being flipped out of bed with a slur of groggy angry words.  When he noticed me laughing, he glared and then launched himself cannon style towards me.  With a small step to the right I just giggled and said, "Hey, it's time to get up.  Your lunch is on the counter."  He growled and dusted himself off.

While getting ready for the day, I put on my high collar black V-neck dress ending mid thigh with some black over the knee boots and hoop earrings and left my hair down.  I smiled to myself and when Sasuke was ready we started our separate ways.

In front of the ramen shop~

Tenzo was leaning against the side of the building waiting for me and smiled sweetly as I gently grabbed his hand and he led me inside.  Waiting there for me was my favorite meal.  Tsukemen Ramen.  I had a wide grin and instantly gave him a peck on his cheek.  "Awe, Tenzo! Thank you so much." 

"Of course Keiko."  His eyes flickered with a tinge of sadness making me frown a little.

"Are you okay?"  He just shook his head and smiled again,

"I'm great princess.  Now eat up before your food gets cold."  We ate up quickly and then started walking around town and admired the little shops and stopped at a bridge eating a sweet dango each.

"So why did you take me out today?" I leaned on him and he wrapped an arm around me giving me a tight squeeze and took a deep breath,

"I'm leaving Keiko." I froze and looked up at him, my eyes begging for an explanation.

"What do you mean leaving?"  My voice shook a little.

"I'm being sent on a multiple year solo mission.  In all honestly, I don't know if I will be coming back."  I felt my eyes start to water and quickly moved my gaze down shuffling my feet.  He gently cupped my chin and brought my gaze back up to him.  "Princess, I don't want to make you wait for me.  You deserve someone better.  Someone that you can share your identity with, your past, present, and future with.  You can't have that with me.  We have been together for a year now and have been on the same team for 3 years now.  We still have no idea about each other's past.  I know this is hard but I want you to be happy.  As much as you deny it now, you know it is true deep down."  At this point tears started to spill down my cheeks and my lip started to quiver.

"Tenzo..."  I quickly wiped the tears away and closed myself up.  "I'm not ready to say goodbye..."  I croaked.  He sighed and wrapped me up in a tight hug and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you Keiko."  With those last words he disappeared.  I leaned on the railing on the bridge and a single tear dripped from my face and fell into the water.

"I love you too."  I whispered looking down at the note he had left this morning.  I could feel my body closing off my emotions.  Cursing to myself I incinerated the note and went back home.  The kids and Kakashi should be done with the test soon.

A couple hours later~

I was dressed in my normal cape, fishnet shirt, and ninja pants waiting at the memorial stone.  They had just finished up with their test and learning a few new formations.  Naruto's face perked up when he saw me.

"Keiko sensei!! WE PASSED!"  His jumping up and down and scream must've annoyed Sakura because she grabbed him by the ear,

"SHE IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU NARUTO."  She yelled in his ear.  I smirked a little and rested one hand on my hip and with the other gave them a thumbs up.

"Okay team 7, go get some rest. We will be starting on our first mission tomorrow."  Kakashi patted Naruto and Sasuke's heads.

I nodded and waited as the three genin left.  They were most likely going to get some more food from the sound of Naruto chanting ramen over and over again. I then turned my gaze to Kakashi's onyx orb.

"So, how'd they do?"  I crossed my arms in front of my chest.  Feeling emotionally drained from before I just kept my voice monotone and my face stoic.

"They actually surprised me,"  He put his hands in his pockets and slouched a little bit and continued, "Their teamwork needs a lot more improvement so keeping their focus will be the biggest struggle."

"Do you think I could work with Sakura alone tomorrow after the mission?  Her chakra control is amazing and I really think if she was able to know how to train on it, she could grow really fast."  I stated.  He thought for a moment and agreed,

"That sounds like a good idea.  Sasuke and Naruto are good rivals for each other's training anyways."  He paused, "However I do think we should get to know each other a little better as well.  All I know is your name and family."

"That's all you need to know right now."  I snapped and quickly turned around.  He grabbed my arm and spun me towards him.

"You know that won't work out well.  After practice tomorrow we are going to get to know each other better.  There is no better way to do that than sparring.  Plus it would be a chance to show the kids high level training."  He grinned under his mask causing my heart flutter a little making me frown.

"You better be prepared to lose tomorrow."  I couldn't help but smirk a little at the thought of a new sparring partner.  He kept his pace up with mine and continued,

"We will see about that Uchiha."  His tone was taunting causing me to clench my jaw and crack my knuckles.

"Watch it Hatake."  Causing him to laugh nervously.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Authors Note: Here's another section! I know it's short, but I really hope you guys are liking it and I plan on updating another section soon.  Hopefully I can start getting some votes and comments about your guys' thoughts!

~Queen