Mission of the Sand Part 2

As we chased down the sound of the crash I searched for Deidara's chakra, that's when I noticed the blue hue of his chakra in the trees ahead.

"Up ahead, stay sharp."  I moved my headband up to show my right eye again and activated my mangekyou sharingan again in case I had to transport Kakashi and Naruto out of harms way.  That's when I saw the noticeable red haired shinobi hanging off a branch, Naruto immediately dashed towards him with his shadow clones surrounding him.  I was surprised that Deidara didn't immediately attack.  Naruto held Gaara in between Kakashi and I as we searched for the blonde Akatsuki member.

From the left all of a sudden there was a huge white spider about 10 feet tall with Deidara yelling something about art.

"He's going to make the spider explode!  We need to regroup with Sakura and Chiyo!"  Kakashi ordered.  From the size of the spider I knew they wouldn't make it, so I ran up the spider and grabbed hold of it and transported as far as I could with my eye's ability (about 50 meters) and just as the spider exploded I transported myself back to the forest, I hadn't completely regained my chakra and my eye was streaming blood again.  I panted and held onto my knees trying to keep from falling.

"What the-Keiko-sensei?!"  Naruto spun around to see me just barely able to stand with blood pouring from my eye.

"We need...to keep... going."  I panted and shook as I tried to stand up.  Kakashi quickly scooped me up in his arms.  "I can stand."  I fought him with no avail.

"Naruto we need to go."  Kakashi ignored me fighting him.  I panted and felt my vision get a little blurrier.  I had overused my mangekyou again.  The more I use it, the worse my eyesight got.  "You pushed yourself too hard again."  Kakashi scolded.

"We wouldn't have made it if I didn't do what I did."  I frowned and looked off angrily.  If I was stronger I wouldn't always have to be carried off.

"Don't be so hard on yourself.  You risked a lot by using your mangekyou often."  His eye got softer as he looked down at me.

"You use a lot more chakra than me when you use yours."  I argued.  He gave a half hearted laugh.

"That's irrelevant. Your eyesight is effected more than mine."  He smirked under his mask.

"Tch."  I rolled my eyes.  "Naruto?"  I looked over at the teen with a sad look in his eyes.

"He's gonna be alright right?"  He looked up at us with a hopeful look in his eyes.

"We'll see what we can do."  I frowned and as we neared the cave I noticed that Team Guy was already there and Sakura and Chiyo walking out.  We all grouped up and I pushed myself out of Kakashi's arms earning a small glare from him.

"Keiko-sensei your eye!"  Sakura ran up to me and started examining my bloodied eye.

"I'm fine Sakura.  Just overused my sharingan."  I felt my eyes get a little blurry again.  I may need an eye exam when we get back.

Chiyo looked over at Gaara and a grim look came over her.  "Everyone follow me.  There is only one way for me to save Gaara."

I pulled off my singed vest and set it under Gaara's head.  It wasn't long before we all realized Chiyo was giving up her life for Gaara's.  Naruto seemed oblivious to it, bless his simple mind, it was refreshing to have someone with such a pure heart showing how much he cares.

Soon we were back at the Sand Village and were about to leave.  Kakashi had used up a lot more chakra than what he thought and almost collapsed by the time we had returned to the Sand Village, earning a good scolding from me about him scolding me when he did the exact same thing.  Unfortunately Guy insisted on carrying Kakashi and just as we were about to leave he yelled out,