New Beginnings (edit 4/15/19)

We held the burial that night and our close friends all came to support us.  I was wanting to name him Fugaku after my father so we had the tombstone with his name as Fugaku Hatake.  Amidst my grief I had found out that Sasuke had left the village to become stronger with Orochimaru since my absence, everyone assumed it was Itachi that had kidnapped me.  That's when I had the chance to explain my experience there.  I left out all the details of Itachi and the reason why Madara kidnapped me since Itachi asked me not to mention it.  After the funeral Kakashi brought me to his home, I would be staying there from now on.

A few months later

Kakashi and I were out and about this evening, he had treated me to a new long sleeved dark blue dress with a slit up my right leg. We dined at a new tea house and just truly took time to ourselves. However by the end of the night I was thankful to be home.

After walking in the door I let out a sigh of relief.  Kakashi pulled me into his arms and I rested my head on his chest and my arms wrapped around his waist.  Just sitting in our silence I looked up at him and pulled his mask off and lightly traced his jawline with my finger and we gazed into each others eyes.  I could feel his love so intensely through his gaze as he leaned towards me slowly and our lips connected ever so softly.  My heart finally felt full again.  I was at peace when I was with him.  That's when He dropped down to one knee and took both of my hands in his and said,

"Keiko, I may not be the best man, nor worthy to be yours; I have spent a lot of my life wondering what could have been and regretting past decisions but I do know I love you and I could never regret that.  I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and who knows, we may try to start a family again but even if we don't I'll be happy if you accept in becoming my wife."  He pulled out a beautiful ring.  It was fairly simple with a diamond in the middle and the ring itself being a soft rose gold.

I couldn't help but smile.  He made me so happy and my heart was overflowing with love for him.

"Of course."  I cupped his cheeks and kissed him sweetly as he smiled into the kiss.  He slipped the ring on me and picked me up bridal style.

"I love you Keiko."

"I love you too Kakashi."  I smiled.  With that we went to bed in each other's embrace. 

A couple months had passed and the day of our wedding came, August 24th.  We kept it very small with just our fellow jounin friends we knew that Naruto and Sakura needed to train in order to get Sasuke back so we didn't bother them.  It was nice to keep things small too.  I wore a white strapless chiffon dress with lace embroidery down the side and a corset back with my long black hair down in big beach curls.

  I wore a white strapless chiffon dress with lace embroidery down the side and a corset back with my long black hair down in big beach curls

Guy was so kind to be Kakashi's best man, by that I mean he was so moved by our youth he accepted Kakashi's request with tears in his eyes.  He always is a character which really helped Kakashi and I when we were in mourning.  I walked down the aisle by myself with Kurenai as my maid of honor.  Tsunade married the two of us and was gushing about how happy she was for us.  It was a pretty laid back day after the ceremony we all just ate and drank happily.  My husband was looking dashing as always and the two of us were really having a great time and I actually felt truly happy without having to force a smile.  When we got home that night Kakashi carried me into our home and gently laid me on the bed.