Tim ~ Pick Me Up

Chapter soon to be edited. 

Rated: F (for sickening FLUFF) 

Favorite Record ~ Fall Out Boy

* * * 

"Are you kidding me? There's no way that one would work on a girl!" I exclaimed, throwing a pillow at Tim. He effortlessly dodged it - I don't exactly have the best aim - and groaned, rolling his eyes.

"What was wrong with that one?" He muttered, folding his arms over his chest. I scoffed, hanging upside down off the edge of his bed.

"'Are you from Tennessee, because you're the only ten I see' is a horrible pick-up line!" I replied, shaking my head. "You disappoint me, Tim." Tim huffed, scowling at me as he threw his hands in the air.

"Then, please, enlighten me! You're such a love guru, so, please, show me how the professionals do it!" He exclaimed, gesturing to the center of his bedroom. I shrugged, rolling backward off of his bed and taking his place in front of his bed. I took a moment to dramatically clear my throat, to which Tim rolled his eyes.

"Is that a mirror in your pocket?" I finally replied, cocking an eyebrow. "Because I can see myself in your pants." A look of - I feel insulted to say - horror spread across his face, and he glared at me with his mouth hanging open, his eyes wider than dinner plates.

"What was that?!" He hissed, shaking his head. "That was really. . . sensual." I shrugged nonchalantly, placing my hands on my hips.

"That's what girls want," I replied. "Granted, that line was a little basic, but that's the kind of feeling you want to project!" I huffed, trying to look as serious as possible as I looked Tim in the eye. "Tim, I'm going to be blunt with you. Girls want sexy; they want to be enticed. If a guy like you walks up to a girl and delivers a crappy-ass pick-up line, then your reputation as a guy is pretty much over."

"Are you serious?" He mumbled, giving me a blank stare. I returned with a curt nod.

"Yes. Now, why don't you try again?" I replied. He hesitated for a moment before groaning, falling back onto his bed.

"I don't know how to come up with one on my own," he muttered, and I couldn't help but snicker, which only earned me a heart-stopping scowl. I cleared my throat, placing a hand on my chest as I attempted to look as cocky as possible.

"Thinking of pick-up lines is really not that hard," I said, grinning. "All you have to do is think of a subject - anything will do - and try to find a way to make it clever, yet sexy. The sexy is important, but you can't just give away the fact that you're trying to be sexy, because then it's a total flop."

"Wait, what?" Tim murmured, but I ignored him as I continued.

"Remember: you have to make your lines clever," I added. "If they're not clever, then it takes away from the enticing factor that we're looking for. Got it?" Tim's eyes widened as he absentmindedly nodded, and it took the majority of my self control not to face-palm. We were getting literally nowhere.

"You said that I have to pick a 'subject'," he muttered, folding his arms over his chest. "Could you give me an example?" I smiled.

"Of course; just give me a subject," I replied, placing my hands back on my hips. Tim fell silent for a moment, a thoughtful look on his face.

"Music," he finally responded. "Sorry, it was the only thing that came to mind." I shook my head.

"Don't be; it's perfect." I paused for a moment, my gaze drifting across the carpeted floor as I racked my brain for a suitable line.