Dick ~ The Early Months

Chapter soon to be updated. 

Rated: PG-ish (very heartwarming) 

Surrender ~ Natalie Taylor

* * * 

"(Y/N), sit down! I can do that for you!"

I rolled my eyes as Dick ran around the apartment, pushing me back down onto the couch by my shoulders as he ran by. I watched as he made his way into the kitchen, returning only a second later with a steaming mug of hot chocolate.

"Dick, I could've done that myself," I muttered, giving him a small smile as I took the mug from him, blowing lightly onto the drink before taking a sip.

"I didn't want you to have to, though," he replied, averting his gaze to the floor as he sat down beside me. I glanced at him over the rim of my mug and couldn't help but drink in his gorgeous features, even if he was looking pretty frazzled at the moment.

"Dick, it's fine," I said, placing the mug onto the coffee table beside me as I laid back agains the armrest, "I'm not completely helpless yet." Dick's eyes snapped up to meet mine, and I realized that I probably shouldn't have said that.

"That's the point, (Y/N)!" He whined, turning toward me. "I don't want you to be completely helpless!" I pressed my lips together to hold back the laugh that was dying to surface, and I couldn't hold it in any longer as Dick frowned, jutting out his bottom lip as he folded his arms across his bare chest. He then stood up from the couch, and I let out an exasperated sigh as he began to slump back to our bedroom to sulk.

"Dick, stop, don't go," I groaned, lazily raising a hand out in his direction, "don't - AH!"

In an instant, Dick was kneeling on the floor beside me, his eyes flooded with worry as he watched me hold my side, and I tried to hide my face as it scrunched up a bit.

"(Y/N), what happened? What's wrong? Are you okay?" He hurriedly asked, running his hands up and down my body until they landed on my hand, which was still holding my side.

"Yeah," I grunted, "I think it's just a cramp. The doctor said it would happen for a while." Dick let out a long breath of relief before leaning forward to rest his forehead against my shoulder. I raised my other hand toward him and ran my fingers through his raven locks, kissing the top of his head.

"Hey," I whispered, "don't worry, hon. Everything's going to be fine." Dick only hummed quietly, his fingers tracing abstract patterns on the back on my hand. I sighed, rolling over onto my side so that he would look at me.

"Honey," I murmured, cupping his cheek as I tilted his head up a bit. His eyes were still fixated on the floor, but after a moment he closed them for a second before looking back up to me. I smiled, rubbing my thumb across his cheekbone. "I'm going to be fine." Dick shook his head, turning his face in my hand as he intertwined his fingers with mine, kissing my palm.

"I know, and I'm sorry," he whispered, sighing, "this is...this is some pretty big stuff." I nodded, closing my eyes as I rested my head against the armrest.

"Yeah," I muttered, moving my hand from my side to my stomach, "it is." Dick's eyes followed my movement, and he removed his hand from mine and placed it on my stomach, running his thumb over my navel.

"Hey, (Y/N)?" He asked, looking over at me. I hummed, playing with the ends of his hair again. He looked at the ground before clearing his throat, a light blush flitting over his cheeks. "Do you...do you think that it can hear me?"