New Arrival IV (X-Batsis! Reader Miniseries)

Chapter soon to be edited. 

Rated: PG-13

The Kids Aren't Alright ~ Fall Out Boy

* * *

"So, this is the famous Batcave," (Y/N) murmured, letting out a grunt as Alfred wiped a cloth covered in isopropyl alcohol across the cuts that littered her knees.

After their moment on the rooftop, Red Robin and Batgirl had caught up to Robin, and, after seeing (Y/N) about to pass out, helped bring her back to the mansion. The three of them stood off to the side as a worn-out-looking (Y/N) was being nursed back to health. While they no longer wore their masks and cowl - they felt no need to, since (Y/N) already knew their identities - they were still clad in their suits as Alfred tended to (Y/N)'s wounds, first checking to make sure there was nothing wrong with her internally before bandaging her more minor abrasions.

"Quite a sight, isn't it, Miss Kyle?" Alfred replied, chuckling halfheartedly. "Your fa. . ." Damian's ears perked up as Alfred trailed off, and he folded his arms over his chest, waiting for Alfred to continue, though he secretly wished that he wouldn't.

"Don't push yourself to say it," (Y/N) mumbled, sighing. "It's not worth it." Alfred hesitated, glancing up at the girl as she looked to the floor.

"I'm sorry, Miss Kyle," he muttered, shaking his head. "It's just unnatural for me." It took the majority of Damian's willpower not to scoff; he instead leaned back against the wall behind him, ignoring Tim and Stephanie's questioning gazes.

"I understand, Alfred," (Y/N) replied, puffing her cheeks as she glanced around at the cave. "He sure seems to spend a lot of time down here."

"Indeed, he does," Alfred replied, applying a bandage around (Y/N)'s bruised shin. "It's a truly magnificent place, isn't it?"

"Absolutely," (Y/N) breathed, a smile tugging at her lips. "It beats anywhere I've ever been - tech-wise, that is."

"Because the only places you tend to familiarize yourself with is anywhere you can find anything of value," Damian hissed, and while it'd managed to escape Alfred and (Y/N), it was caught by Tim and Stephanie, and Damian scowled as Stephanie elbowed him in the side.

"Well, I'll be sure to tell Master Bruce that you like his abode," Alfred muttered, rising to his feet. "Is there anything else I can do for you, Miss Kyle?"

"Well, for one, you can stop referring to me as 'Miss Kyle'," (Y/N) replied. "'(Y/N)' is just fine."

"I'll be sure to remember that," Alfred said, smiling. "Well, if that's all I can do for you -"

"Actually," (Y/N) murmured, puffing her cheeks, "if it's not too much to ask, would you mind making me a sandwich?"

"Of course," Alfred replied. "What would you like?"

"Whatever you've got," (Y/N) mused, chuckling. "But, no pickles. Or, uh, tomatoes. Please." Alfred couldn't help but smile as he gazed upon the teen's scratched and bandaged face. Her eyes were no longer filled with the serious, murderous look they'd held upon her arrival. While it still glinted in her bright (E/C) orbs, it was overtaken by the pure mischief of a playful little kid.

"One sandwich, coming right up," Alfred announced, bowing as he scooped up the tray and headed for the elevator. Before entering, he paused just outside the door and shot a look back over his shoulder at the three that were standing against the far wall, gazing curiously at (Y/N). "I trust that you'll take good care of our guest?"