Imagine #2 Part #5- A Heartbreaking Decision

Taylor's P.O.V.

        "I choose......Matt." The name rolled off her tongue and my body was numb. I should have known from the second  he walked into the classroom the day of the party she liked him. The way Vanessa smiled at the note when he passed it back, it was all there. I felt like I was nothing compared to him. He had picked her up and was spinning her around. Her arms were around his neck and her head against his shoulder. He let her down and she ran over to me. She gave me a big hug and I said "We can still hang out right?" I looked into her eyes and she smiled "Of course we can still hang out, we are the trio now and forever..." she replied and rubbed my back. Vanessa walked back over to Matt and he took his hand into hers. She looked back and waved goodbye as they got into Matt's car.

        My heart felt shattered a little thinking about the whole situation. I wanted to be the one but I knew if it was going to happen, then it would when it was right. I drove my car home and did all my work, I talked to Cameron for a while before going to bed. My thoughts were clouded with Vanessa and I drifted into sleep. 

        When I woke up the next morning and I saw them. Everyone was talking about their relationship. So many of the girls were so jealous and gossiping about her. She was wearing a bandana that I thought I lost. It was the one I wore the day of the party. She looked stunning and they looked good together. He had his arm wrapped around her and she was looking up at him while they talked. It was a good match and I knew that as long as they were happy so was I. During our class together we all talked and she was so nice to me. She gave me a hug and our bandana arrangement would keep going because she loved them. Matt didn't mind either because he knew that in this group we would always be unstoppable. 

        During the period following I went to go to the bathroom and I saw them kissing in the hallway. He had pushed her against the lockers and he was practically eating her face off. I walked by and said "Try not to swallow each other." Matt turned around and gave me the finger while Vanessa just blushed.

        She was walking back to class and he hugged her from behind, they were laughing and he kissed her on the cheek. I knew he felt bad for me but I didn't want that to stop him from enjoying his relationship. The rest of the day went well and the two were practically hard not to find together. Vanessa and I hung out alone because Matt had to do something with his mom after school. It was great getting to talk to her but I wished that someday, I could be in Matt's place. I really liked this girl and I knew that this feeling would not fade.

Matt's P.O.V.

        Hearing Vanessa say my name made my heart go wild. I thought for sure with the whole headband ordeal and everything he had done, Vanessa would pick him. I loved being with her, she was bubbly, smart, immature/funny, sweet, gorgeous, and I loved so much about her. The way her tongue stuck out when concentrated, how she smiled down at the ground when embarrassed, she was so adorable. I loved holding her in my arms which I waited so long for. I felt awful for Taylor because I knew that he really likes Vanessa but I know that I couldn't waste my time with someone as great as her worrying about someone else when they gave me the go ahead. She still wore the bandanas and I think that was just her little thing with Taylor to show she loved him as a friend forever.  The day after we were kissing in the hall and Taylor told us "Try not to swallow each other." He smirked and I gave him the finger and Vanessa just looked down while blushing. She started to walk away and I snaked my arms behind her. I knew she loved that so much and I kissed her on the cheek. Vanessa and Taylor hung out after school that day. Getting to see Vanessa everyday was so awesome, my parents loved her and my friends really liked her too. Gabby started going out with Cameron and they hit it off so well. Each day our bond just drew stronger and the loved I felt evolved with Vanessa. I didn't wanna be with anybody else.