The Council of Elrond

3018, October 25

The following morning, the imaginative golden sun rose in slow motion. The dark black sky turned into a bright Royal blue sky. The bright-looking milky clouds got up from sleep and started traveling around the sky. Ethir felt the tapping sunlight against her face. Moments later, she wondered where she was. She seemed bothered and looked around for something to recognize.

She opened her eyes to see the blue out the window. The field was murky with it, green grass sticking up out of a swamp of blue. The trees were not trees but ents and oaks, the best she ever has seen. The oak and poplars were tall and rich, in green and brown colors. The view was majestic. The trees never end, they float upwards, limitless filling the horizon. She shut her eyes again. Ethir wasn't used to waking up in the mornings with satisfying bright colors.

The human blinked, trying to get used to the blazing light she was surrounded with. Though, it wasn't the only thing that bothered her. The peace and quiet was more annoying. She didn't hear the sounds as she usually would. And the smells, gosh the smells were getting stronger every minute. It smelled like leaves in an earthy kind of way. Also, sour apples, and cinnamon, bury themselves a little deeper in her nose.

The autumn leaves, swirling and waltzing as if putting on a grand show, disturb the soundless morning. Ethir finally opened her eyes. Her mind circuits once again as last days memories, slowly come back to her. Now, she was fully awake. She yawned and sat up, giving a fast glance at the October fest that nature was hosting. The trees, the leaves, the grass everything was in synchronized harmony.

'I'm losing my mind.' she thought as she flipped under the covers against the floor and stood up. She shook her head, agreeing with herself she would ignore the view and sounds that wanted to steal her attention. She stepped outside the balcony and gathered her clothes, which seemed dry and clean. Next, she stepped back inside and started dressing up. She wore her underwear beneath, and a black shirt that was made of a thick material to keep her warm. Then the leather corset made sure to reveal her body line perfectly. Last her black pants.

Ethir took a last gaze outside the balcony before she wore her boots and long jacket. She paused against the table to clean her face, and fix her hair. Then she grabbed her sword pushing it behind her back where its leather case was. She grabbed an apple (from the fruits that Arwen had brought her last night). And walked outside the room, searching for the council chamber. She kept her gaze low and her pace fast, not wanting to cause any destruction to the Elves. 'No', she didn't care. But there was no reason to draw any unnecessary attention.

At the Council of Elrond, Gandalf and Frodo, had arrived. Frodo was standing at the beginning of the west side talking with Gandalf. A few elves and dwarfs had also arrived. Ethir, didn't know anyone of those. She glanced at Gandalf, pausing at the entrance of the chamber. A few of the elves gazed at her enraged. She lowered her gaze again, but stepped inside and walked towards Gandalf. She bypassed him sitting across a stone-built fence.

She noted the gazes and stares, as slowly everyone gathered for the council. There was Elrond. Chief Counselor of Elrond (Erestor). Gandalf. Frodo, the hobbit, who was carrying the ring. A ranger, who looked like the one Arwen was talking to last night. The rest of the Elves, dwarfs, and humans were unknown to her.

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor." Lord of Rivendell went forward greeting the guests and briefing them, on why they were present at the council. He explained the threat that Middle Earth was facing. Making it clear that they had to unite or they would fall. Each member of the council gazed at each other confused and worried. Ethir, remained at the back avoiding contact just listening.