The Mirror of Galadriel

"I just want you to supply me with a shirt and a pair of pants!" Ethir demanded as she was in the main hall talking to a maiden.

"I'm sorry my lady. I can't give you male attire to a woman," she answered respectfully.

Ethir seemed irritated. She had enough wearing the dress all day long. Honestly, the dress was wonderful, and it looked great on her. But she just wanted to wear something more comfortable. "I didn't say I want a male attire!" she yelled louder.

"I don't have such a thing, a pair of pants for a woman." the maiden answered back.

"Just give me the pants or I will take it myself!" she threatened her.

"Cithel, give our guest, what she asked for!" Haldir said as he suddenly appeared behind her.

She glanced at him, remembering he was the marchwarden around those parts. "I was just telling the maiden. But she didn't want to lend male attire to a woman. A pair of pants wouldn't hurt?" Ethir answered.

"Lady Ethir, imagine if all our guests wished to be treated like that?" Haldir asked seriously as he stepped next to her.

Ethir hated to agree, but Haldir was right. "I get it!" she responded as the maiden gave her a black shirt and a black pair of pants. "Le channon!" (Thank you!) she said.

"You're welcome, my Lady! Why would you though wish to wear male attire?" Haldir asked, confused.

Ethir blinked "Not really wanting to wear a male attire. I just wanted to wear a pair of pants and a shirt. Although gowns are great. They aren't really helpful if you wish to use a sword."

"Are you planning to use your sword, Lady Ethir? There is no threat in our lands!" Haldir told her as he took a few steps away from her and gazed at the western parts of Lorien.

"Don't worry, I am not planning to attack anyone. I found out earlier that we are staying longer than I thought. I cannot just sit back and wait. I'll do some training." she answered as she took a look at the pants. They seemed really soft, with a fabric she had never seen before.

~ Few hours earlier ~

Ethir was sitting on the couch around the fountain. She had eaten enough. She even drank a few glasses of wine. She was bored. There wasn't much that was going on. She thought after getting a lot of rest the fellowship would be on its way to Mordor. She was wrong.

"How long will we wait Aragorn?" she asked the Ranger, who was sitting a few steps away smoking his pipe.

Aragorn glanced at her "I'm not sure. But I am not risking it to leave now. We will rest more than a few days in Lothlórien. When the time is right, we will depart." the ranger disclosed.

"Wait, I'm going to spend my days wearing dresses and living in a place filled with light. Are you serious? It would kill me." she said annoyed.

The ranger lightly laughed "It must be rather boring for you. It could be worse."

"Worse? How?" She asked, poking her finger against the couch.

Aragorn smoked a bit more and replied "What If you were left behind in Lothlórien?!"

"Never say that again. You know Gandalf wouldn't agree. I shouldn't be left behind. I could be dangerous." she tried to scare him.

"Indeed, he said that. After all, you are a bloodline of Sauron." the ranger whispered.

Ethir glared at him. She was suspicious that Gandalf told Aragorn about her, but she wasn't sure it was actually true. "Wait, you know! Gandalf told you, didn't he?" she flipped.