Helm's Deep

Author's Note:

Small reminder. Chapter 29 and, Ethir will be unfolded. Like adding things about her life we don't know. Her true colors. Why that dark aura is there? If there is any point that matters she is Sauron's bloodline. I have already dropped hints in the previous chapters here and there. Like her name. It wasn't chosen randomly.

I don't own any of the characters, places, names, etc. (only the OC). It all belongs to J.R.R. Tolkien and Peter Jackson.

- - -

The great stronghold of Rohan. Today It houses the rides of Rohan and its people. Every single man, even younger age was gathered to get ready for the upcoming war. Women and children were sent to the Glittering Caves (The cave system located behind the Deeping Wall of Helm's Deep.) Mix with the crowd walked the ranger, the Elf, and Ethir.

"We'll place the reserves along the wall. They can support the archers from above the gate." Aragorn noted.

"Aragorn, you must rest. You're no use to us half-alive." Legolas suggested. After his fall down the cliff, Aragorn didn't rest at all. Menace, madness, and confusion lay upon the men.

"Aragorn! I'm to be sent with the women into the caves." Èowyn suddenly appeared close to Aragorn complaining.

"That is an honorable charge." the ranger said as he was seriously thinking about the battle.

"To mind the children, to find food and bedding when the men return. What renown is there in that?" she went on speaking.

"My lady, a time may come for valor without renown. Who then will your people look to in the last defense?" he advised her seriously.

"Let me stand at your side," Èowyn said gazing at him.

"It is not in my power to command it." Aragorn clarified and began to walk away.

"You do not command the others to stay! They fight beside you because they will not be parted from you. Because they love you. I'm sorry." she said in a fast manner and walked away.

Ethir rolled her eyes. She had foreseen that Èowyn liked Aragorn. They were about to go to war and the lady was talking about Love. She shook her head. Next, she noticed Legolas gazing at her. "What?" she asked. Though, the elf didn't tell her anything.

In the armory, while weapons are given to the Villagers the group of four were talking. They have checked the defense of Helm's Deep. They have seen how many riders and the villagers would fight. They figured out what the outcome would be.

"Farmers, farriers, stable boys." said Aragorn "These are no soldiers."

"They may never see a fight!" Ethir noticed as she was standing close by to Gimli.

"Most have seen too many winters!" Gimli told them as he gazed at the people around him.

"Or too few. Look at them. They're frightened. I can see it in their eyes." Legolas spoke, while his gaze rested against Aragorn. There is a sudden silence filling the room. "Boe a hyn neled herain... dan caer menig!" (And they should be. Three hundred... against ten thousand!) Legolas quizzed deadly serious.

"Si beriathar hyn ammaeg na ned Edoras." (They have a better chance of defending themselves here than in Edoras.) The ranger explained.

"Aragorn, men i ndagor. Hýn ú ortheri. Natha daged aen!" (They cannot win this fight. They are all going to die!) Legolas cried out with an angry voice.