134.

134. He's Slipping 'Em Bread Dig (Season 6, episode 10)

This episode is honestly just super boring. Lorelai and Rory are talking again, which is nice. Luke debates how (and if) he should tell Lorelai about April. Christopher comes to town with a new-found truckload of money, because he apparently had a rich uncle or someone like  that who actually liked him (yeah, someone actually likes Christopher. I'm just as shocked as you are.) who died and left him a whole bunch of money. So he decides to do something nice for Lorelai and Rory. Great, he's actually fulfilling his fatherly duties for once. Except he offers to buy them ridiculous things that no one actually needs like breweries (because the Gilmore Girls drink so much beer?) and castles and boats and all kinds of ridiculous stuff. And oh yeah! I guess I could pay for my daughter's school like a normal father! That would work! Christopher is such an idiot. The episode takes place at Thanksgiving, which is really unfortunate because one of the absolute best episodes of the show also happens to take place at that holiday, and honestly, why redo it if you're not going to do it to the same level? It just makes this forgettable episode all the more pathetic.

High points: Rory and Lorelai reunited! Yay!

Low points: April simply existing and Christopher being a complete andtotal idiot.

Best quote: "You're too unmaterialistic. I've always thought that about you."-Christopher