114.

114. The Long Morrow(Season 7, episode 1)

Ah, yes. Romantic gifts inspired by the Twilight Zone. Because when I think of the Twilight Zone, I think of love, not killer dolls and pig faced people. The sad thing is, that's actually the best part of this episode. Because the rest of it is Lorelai telling Luke that she slept with Christopher. Yes, that's right. She gave Luke an ultimatum. She told him they had to get married right now. He said no, and understandably so, since he's got a kid and whatnot. So what does she do? She jumps in bed with her ex! Now, I get that the beginnings of this terrible plot where executed by the Palladinos on their way out as part of a negotiating ploy, but the new writers had a golden opportunity to fix half of the season's problems right here! Maybe Lorelai showed up drunk and complaining about Luke, and Christopher, for once in his life, did the right thing and simply sent her to bed. Maybe it was all a dream. All plausible options. But no. Instead, Christopher, white knight that he is, sleeps with his ex girlfriend who, until very very recently, was engaged to another man. Classy, Chris, real classy.

High points: The rocket, though strange and obscure, was actually sort of romantic in a weird way.

Low points: I despise Christopher. Everything about him makes me want to hurl. And the look on Luke's face when he comes and actually agrees to elope with her and she tells him what she did is the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Best quote: "She's got a C-Average which means she's either lazy or stupid. I can work with either. Frankly stupid's sometimes easier, I can scare thes tupid out of you but the lazy runs deep."- Paris