38.

38. Red Light on a Wedding Night (Season 2, Episode 3)

Lorelai's bachelorette party is a lot of fun to watch, and Max's bachelor party is certainly fun to hear about. Those are absolutely the highlights of this episode. But I'm still confused as to why she called Christopher. That was probably sign number one that this wasn't going to work out. That is, if we didn't know it already. Add to that the constant fighting and the foreshadowing of Emily's trying on her wedding dress story, the red light had to be coming sooner or later. And, did we really think that our leading character was going to be married off in the second season? But broken engagements always add a sense of drama, and this one was entertaining to watch.

High points: The chutzpah! Max's brother jumping a parking meter, Taylor and Luke fighting

Low points: Max is snippy and complains too much about the keys, but it's pretty telling that Lorelai keeps forgetting to give them to him. It's supposed to show that they're not really compatible, but their obvious problems and fighting kind of come out of left field and it seems out of character for both of them.

Best quote: "You're trying to brainwash us Taylor! Telling us we want something we don't and not giving us a choice!"- Luke