27.

27. Say Something (Season 5, Episode 14)

The main point of this episode is to prove how much Lorelai cares about Luke. While she has had several significant relationships and break ups throughout the course of the show, none have rattled her as much as her break up with Luke. This is what makes this episode all the more heart-wrenching. We are so used to seeing Lorelai as a stabilizing force in other people's lives that it's simply heartbreaking to watch her crumble herself. Calling Luke and rambling about The Way We Were in desperate attempt to win him back and crying in bed for days on end is so out of character for her that it proves how much she cared about Luke and how devastated she is to lose him. It's also a good comparison to Rory and Logan's relationship, which is just beginning. However, like the title suggests, they're both waiting for the man to say something, anything, to prove that he is just as invested in the relationship as she is.

High points: Seeing how much Lorelai loves Luke. Her reaction here is so much different than any other breakup we've seen thus far. And here, Logan's friends, though spoiled and arrogant, are very funny, the ribbons are hilarious and classic Taylor. Michel entertaining little girls and their dolls is also unexpected and very funny.

Low points: Even though we totally understand where Luke is coming from, it's heartbreaking to see them both in so much pain.

Best quote: "Like I'm Sponge Boy Big Pants or something? I do not entertain children!"- Michel