7.

7. Raincoats and Recipes (Season 4, Episode 22)

Another time when Gilmore Girls shines is the times when big events are happening. The opening of the Dragonfly is a classic and has plenty of the expected Stars Hollow charm. All our favorite characters unite to wish Lorelai and Sookie good luck on their new business endeavor. Richard and Emily finally crack about the separation, Jason returns, at the most inopportune time, of course. And then there's the much-anticipated first Luke and Lorelai kiss, which reaches epic proportions when Kirk comes running naked down the stairs. It would be completely perfect if Rory hadn't ruined her mother's big day by hooking up with a married man. Still, it shows that Rory still has a lot of growing up to do, and in her first big decision, Rory proves her immaturity and ultimately breaks down, proving that, though she would argue with Lorelai to the contrary, she knows she made a mistake. Though obnoxious, Rory's decision helps push her character, completing her transition from loveable, innocent child to a reckless, immature young adult, a phase that she unfortunately doesn't seem to outgrow.

High points: Luke and Kirk's strange interactions about night terrors, Big steps for Lorelai and Sookie, Luke and Lorelai's kiss and Kirk's hilarious and untimely interruption

Low points: Rory sleeps with Dean, Jason at peak Jason-ness

Best quote: "Maybe he didn't mean it as a date thing. Maybe he just wanted to get out of the house. And since I'm currently one of the women sitting at home thinking 'If I could only find a man like Aragorn' he picked me."- Lorelai