135.

135. Eight O'clock at the Oasis (Season 3, episode 8)

This episode perfectly matches the defining characteristic of one of its guest stars: it's boring! Not to mention just a little creepy. Lorelai and Rory get roped in to watering a neighbor's lawn while he's out of town. Dwight, an overly friendly little gentleman who actually seems like he has a back story more interesting than the entire plot of this episode, has very specific and rather unreasonable lawn watering needs. When Lorelai is unable to water his lawn for him, she asks Rory to fill in, but the sprinkler gets stuck.This leads to a very wet Rory running through the streets of Stars Hollow looking for someone to help and she comes across Jess. He turns it off for her, but then upon finding out that Dean is coming to help, he turns it back on and allows Dean to be the hero. It's small, but it's actually pretty selfless of Jess to let Dean be the one to help her. Also, Lorelai goes on a date with a man who she meets at one of Emily's functions, and he turns out to be incredibly dull. Emily then freaks out when she doesn't want to go on another date with him, because apparently this somehow effects her. It's funny, because this episode actually sounds funny on paper. Even as Is it here writing about it, I keep thinking "This really doesn't sound half bad". And the thing is, this show has made absolute magic out of far less. But somehow, this episode just falls flat. And  Dwight seems like a real creep. I don't know what it is about him,but let's just say, if he were my neighbor, I'd never leave my doors unlocked. Ever.

High points: Jess in a very rare selfless moment, Michel at the auction,Richard's unabashed support of his wife, no matter how frivolous her world seems.

Low points: It's just boring! And Emily meddles way too much in this episode. It really doesn't effect her or her world if Lorelai backs out of a date.

Bes tquote: "He sniffed and swirled and swished and did every other pretentious and borderline disgusting thing you can do with a glass of wine in a public place."- Lorelai