28.

28. Jews and Chinese Food (Season 5, Episode 15)

There are several truly heartbreaking moments in this episode. The worst is watching Luke and Lorelai stare uncomfortably at each other as Kirk sings Fiddler on the Roof. (We were also sort of uncomfortable, since he's singing Do You Love Me? with a ten year old girl. But mostly we were uncomfortable seeing Luke and Lorelai in pain.) It's especially sad because we've all been there, both knowing what needs to be said and wanting to say it, but not wanting to be the first one to speak. The second heartbreaking moment of this episode comes when Marty finally confesses his feelings for Rory and she tells him that she likes the one person that he really hates. This is another example of Rory's selfishness. I feel like this is something I keep coming back to, but there are just so many examples throughout the series. Here, she knows how Marty feels about her, but she strings him along until he is finally forced to tell her how he feels, only to be shot down. Heartbreaking, but a good episode nonetheless.

High points: Do you love me? Of course they do! More of Colin and Finn, which is always entertaining. Michel and his stencils.

Low points: Why did Luke take the boat without asking? Why is Kirk in an elementary school play? Why is Rory such a jerk to poor sweet little Marty?

Best quote: "I think most of the more reputable banks have suspended their flipping off policies."- Rory