152.

152. Here Comes the Son (Season 3, episode 21)

Would anyone have actually watched this show? I like Jess. He's immature at times, sure, but he's a pretty good guy underneath it all, and he's one of the few characters on the show that shows some real growth.But apparently this was supposed to be a backdoor pilot for a spinoff that no one ever actually asked for, and I'm very glad it never happened. He lost all his charm and humor and just became a brooding, sad little punk. And if his dad and April Nardini's mother in a head scarf were supposed to be the other main characters of the show, they don't really do much to change my opinions on the show's prospects. So,without the awful Jess show, we're just left with this weird, out of place episode that spends 75% of it's run time on a secondary character clear across the country. There's very little of the Gilmore Girls actually in the episode. Rory finds out she's going to be valedictorian. Lorelai has trouble finding money to send Rory to Yale. Yawn.

High points: Finding out that Rory was going to be valedictorian, while unlikely since she actually failed a test at one point and started late, was satisfying.

Low points: While the thought of a Jess centered plot might have been intriguing before we watched this episode, we now know that it's a total train wreck.

Best quote: (About the things she needs to learn to say in Spanish before their trip) " 'Where's the ladies' room?' 'More coffee, please.''Does Antonio Banderas live near here?' "-Lorelai

P.S. if you haven't seen the 3 minutes of the actual show that was released, go youtube it immediately. It's so so awful.