58.

58. Friday Night's Alright for Fighting (Season 6, episode 13)

Season 6 is kind of a train wreck. A lot of this can be attributed to the fact that the Palladinos were trying to sabotage their own show in a negotiation for more seasons. But it's really pretty bad in most respects. This episode is a bright spot in the darkness. It's actually almost up to the standard of the rest of the show. Paris has a meltdown at the Daily News and locks herself in a makeshift bunker in an attempt to turn herself into the news version of General Patton. When people start quitting, the paper's printer time hangs in the balance, and Rory sweeps in to save the day, helped by her trusty sidekick, the ever charming Logan Huntzburger in one of his best episodes yet. She finally forgives them for the Bridesmaid incident and they make up. And the episode ends with a Friday Night Dinner fighting montage that perfectly sums up all of the problems that the Gilmore family has been dealing with for the last six years. And the interludes of drunken laughter in between the screaming matches are a perfect representation of the love-hate relationship they have.

High points: Super Logan to the rescue!

Low points: This episode is better than the rest of the season, but the plot points aren't quite as good as they normally are, and even the best episode of the season suffers for it a little bit.

Best quote: "Oh,he's perfectly fine with having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away, as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening. Just like a true American."- Lorelai