Mike x Reader

H/C - Hair Colour

H/L - Hair Length

E/C - Eye Colour

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You now have the opportunity to choose! The Survey Corps or the Garrison Regiment!" numerous trainee Cadets filed out around you. A lot were muttering stating that it wasn't even an option and that someone would have to be completely and utterly stupid to want to join the Survey Corps.

You looked around, eventually, you were the only person left. You turned to Erwin, who gave a slightly shocked look. You offered a gentle smile and gave the usual salute to the man.

"Well, one is better than none," Erwin spoke as he walked down from the stage. "Your name?" the blonde requested as he moved his hand, motioning for you to release the salute.

"(Y/N) (L/N), Commander," you answered as the taller man nodded his head once.

"Well, Cadet (L/N), welcome to the Survey Corps," he replied and motioned for you to follow him. You did as ordered, following him closely as he led you towards a large white horse that was waiting for the man.

"We did bring quite a few horses, thinking there would be more recruits but we were wrong," Erwin stated as you laughed slightly and smiled, walking over to a brilliant chestnut brown coloured horse.

The horse neighed loudly before nuzzling into your face and neck. You grinned widely, petting the horse as it took a large liking to you.

"That horse actually belongs to one of our Squad Leaders, so you'll have to choose another," Erwin stated as he looked at the horse. You shrugged and quickly jumped up onto the saddle of the horse.

Erwin watched, slightly impressed with how you handled the unfamiliar creature before he climbed his own.

"So, what do we do with the rest of the horses?" you asked, motioning over to them with your thumb.

"Round them up and bring them with us," Erwin answered as he started to round the horses up. You copied his motions and before you knew it, you were on your way to the Survey Corps Headquarters.

"Welcome back, Commander Erwin," a young blonde spoke with a smile as she fed the remaining horses in the stables. The blonde looked behind the Commander and saw you riding on the brunette horse behind him.

"Is this the only recruit we managed to get?" the blonde questioned as you dismounted the horse with a small huff. Erwin nodded his head in response to the question.

"Yes, this is Cadet (L/N)," Erwin answered as he rode his horse passed the young woman and into the stables.

"Feel free to call me (Y/N)," you offered, tugging at the reins of the horse and holding your hand out. The young blonde haired woman shook it without a second thought.

"Petra, I'm on Squad Levi," the blonde, Petra replied as you smiled gently to the woman. "Had Erwin placed you on a Squad yet? Or spoke to you about them?" Petra questioned as you shook your head.

"Nothing like that. I think I'm supposed to settle in first and then start training," you answered, and led the horse to an empty stable.

"Ah, Erwin will probably let the Captains watch you before deciding where to put you," Petra smiled as you shrugged and pulled a carrot from the bag in the stables.

"I don't mind. I mean, as long as I get to kick some Titan ass, I'm cool with wherever I go," you replied with a small shrug as the woman beside you giggled slightly.