Zeref x Book of Zeref! Reader

Requested by minsugabulletproof. Part 2 to the last Zeref x Reader that was written. Spoilers for chapters toward the end of the manga if you haven't read it!

H/C - Hair Colour

H/L - Hair Length

E/C - Eye Colour

S/C - Skin Colour

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The years after your death passed by slowly for Zeref. He spent his years, after realising that he was immortal, wandering the world, trying to contain and control his curse. It took decades, but he finally learned to distance himself from the importance of life and to stop valuing it to control his curse.

However, it was done all too late. People had come to know Zeref over the years and rumours had spread quickly. Wherever Zeref went darkness and death occurred. This granted him the name of Zeref the Black Wizard.

Zeref wandered through the halls of a large isolated mansion that he had found in the depth of an old forest. The mansion was run down and nature was taking over it. There were large vines that were creeping up the outside of the mansion and even inside, across the floors and up the walls.

The mansion was dark, there was no electricity, but Zeref knew it like the back of his hand. He didn't need to see in the mansion to be able to navigate his way around.

The black haired boy stopped in front of a large, open room. The room, while overtaken by nature, was also overtaken by multiple wires and egg-shaped pods. Two were filled of liquid with something floating inside of them. The pods gave off an eerie pink colour, illuminating the room gently.

Zeref walked over to the stage where the pods were and placed his hand on the one closest to the front. This one had a small child inside with bright pink hair. Zeref smiled slightly at the pod.

"Hi, Natsu. I'm Zeref Dragneel, your older brother," the black haired boy spoke, resting his forehead against the egg-shaped pod. The small pink haired child opened his eyes a little, staring at Zeref. Over the years, Zeref had tried his hardest to create multiple kinds of monsters that might have been able to kill him. But none were powerful enough. However, he was sure that Natsu, his younger brother, who he deemed Etherious Natsu Dragneel, E.N.D, would be able to kill him... eventually.

Zeref lifted his forehead from the pod and looked toward the second pod. He lifted his hand and stared at it for a few minutes. His eyes trailed over the body that floated unconsciously within the pod. The pink light was slightly brighter than Natsus' pod.

Your body rested inside that pod.

It had been almost a century, yet you hadn't aged a day. Zeref walked over to your pod and stood in front of it. It had taken years, but your body had finally adapted to the Etherion that it had slowly been absorbing. This showed in your appearance now.

You usual (H/C) hair had turned a bright pink colour, much like Natsus'. However, there were still small streaks of your original (H/C) hair in them. The colour of your skin was paler than it was before, but it looked lively once more.

Zeref placed a hand on your pod and stared at you for just a moment. Natsu had turned his head, his half narrowed eyes staring at his brother in confusion.

"This is, (Y/N) Dragneel," Zeref spoke, looking back over to the young boy. He had decided that, upon your resurrection, you would inherit the Dragneel name and you would be Natsus' carer. Natsu moved his eyes from Zeref to your body. "(Y/N)... is your protector. She will be your sister," he added. A smile formed onto Natsus' face.