Ren Kouen x Wife!Reader Smut

Requested by VelenAdrias. This is Ren Kouen from Magi.

F/F - Favourite Flower

H/C - Hair Colour

E/C - Eye Colour

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You stood in the kitchen of your palace with multiple cooks directing your every movement. Your husband was due back from his – he liked to call them quest when in reality he was going to expand his empire, which meant he was fighting and trying to take over other empires. While you weren't a fan of him fighting you did support him in everything he did. You were a good wife after all.

The cook to your left-handed you a small pot of spices, ordering you to put them in with the meat. The cooks were helping you cook your husbands' favourite meal. He had never expressed the fact that he wanted you to cook for him – you had never actually cooked anything before that day, hence why there were so many cooks around you – but you wanted to do something nice for the man you had married.

You added the spices as you were ordered to and waited for the next order to come from the cooks. They didn't mind you in the kitchen, after all you employed them and paid them so they didn't mind bringing you into the kitchen and teaching you how to cook.

You watched one of the chefs to your right as he cut through some other ingredients before handing you the knife. The other cooks stopped what they were doing, watching in fear that you might cut yourself but you never did. You were rather proud that you were learning how to cook.

Feeling confident, the cooks stepped aside, watching as you continued to cook the curry that your husband loved. The doors to the kitchen opened suddenly and Mika, your personal maid entered the kitchen, following behind her was your husband.

"Lady (Y/N)!" you hummed, not turning to look at Mika as you stirred the curry you had made. "Em-," your husband placed a hand on Mikas' shoulder before she could say anything else and started walking toward you. The cooks looked panicked for a split second and quickly started to busy themselves in something or another.

You felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist from behind. A familiar warmth filled your back and the arms were strong and familiar. You hummed, leaning back into the chest behind you as the arms held you a little tighter.

"Welcome home, my love," you smiled, turning your head to meet your husband, who rested his head against your shoulder. He placed a gentle kiss on your cheek, smiling a little against your skin.

"How are you, my beautiful?" your husband questioned, removing his lips from your cheek. You turned your head to face him and frowned slightly at the cut you saw on his cheek. While you didn't mind your husband fighting, you much preferred it when he came home without wounds.

"Better than you it appears," you replied, moving your hand so you could move your husbands' chin. "What have I told you about being careful?" you enquired, looking at the cut. While it was shallow and would easily heal it was still present on his handsome face.

"I'm sorry, my dear. But you know war is dangerous game," his words made you frown a little deeper and shake your head. You stopped stirring the curry and fully turned to the man.

"Kouen, I wish you would stop saying that. War is not a game. People die," you stated, narrowing your eyes slightly. You tried not to let your annoyance show but you couldn't help it. His words had irked you.

"Only if you're bad at it," Kouen shrugged. Your mouth fell open in shock. You couldn't find any words to compete with what your husband had said. You sighed and shook your head instead, pushing him away from you.