Facing the fear.

Two weeks later.

Luke's POV.

''Pass the ball!'' I hollered loudly, waving my hands frantically at the dark-haired boy that dribbled the ball, trying to avoid Louis from taking it.

Calum finally kicked the ball towards me and I quickly started running towards the goal, kicking the round object with me. I oogled Zayn that stood there bent slightly as his arms were widened.

I felt my foot collide with the ball and watched it fly straight past Zayn and into the goal.

Loud cheers were heard instantly, the rest of my band mates running towards me, capturing me in a bear hug.

''Well done, Hemmo.'' Cal bellowed, tapping my back roughly. I shot him a grin before looking towards the bleachers where I spotted my beautiful girlfriend beaming down at me. I winked, saluting her jokingly as she giggled shaking her head.

''I'm exhausted lads, we should head back and take a rest.'' Niall mumbled, passing by us.

''And a shower. '' Ashton smirked at him as Niall sent him a mocking glare. We all laughed at that, heading towards the changing room.

I've talked to Ashton the day after my birthday. I must admit that it was pretty... frightening. I mean, Ashton was always chill, like, he could be deadly serious, but that was rare. So, I was pretty scared when he gave me an 'older-brother-talk'. He made me promise not to ever hurt Harley, or else I could forget about having kids in this life. He literally used those words! Speak about frightening.

Obviously, I told him that I wouldn't even think of hurting her, because she meant so much to me. I think I've started developing even stronger feelings for her these past two weeks. We've basically been spending every day together, except when I had to attend the rehearsals or when we had a concert. But even then, she was always there, watching and supporting me.

After I got a nice shower, I threw some clothes on, heading outside without waiting for the rest of the boys to get ready. I immediately made my way to the bleachers, where Harley sat with her phone out. Her eyes were narrowed slightly.

''Why's my lovely girlfriend mad?'' I questioned, plopping on the seat next to her.

Harley looked up at me with those gorgeous big emerald eyes, small smile breaking onto her lips as she threw her arms around my neck. I chuckled, leaving a kiss in her hair. When she released me from the embrace, I brought my hand up to move a strand of her long chestnut hair and tuck it behind her ear.

''What is it, baby?'' I asked again, pulling her into me as I swung an arm around her waist, so she was basically sitting in my lap.

Harley shook her head. ''Nothing's wrong, Luke. '' she assured, but the sigh that followed and her still narrowed eyes told me otherwise. I placed my fingers beneath her chin, forcing her to look into my eyes.

''Harls, tell me.'' I insisted softly, giving her my best pleading look. Harley let out another sigh, nodding her head.

''Lauren's in hospital.'' she said quietly, her eyes filling with tears as her bottom lip quivered. I gulped, now wrapping my both arms around her as she sobbed silently. ''Shh, love, it's okay. She's gonna be okay, I promise.'' I cooed, caressing her hair gently.

''S-she got run over by a-a drunk driver while she was crossing the r-road, Luke. She-she didn't d-deserve that, damn it.'' Harley sobbed even harder, clutching onto my shirt as her head was burried into my shirt, probably leaving wet stains on it, but I couldn't care less about it. All I cared was her and only her. This was probably really awful for her and I understood. I would've felt the same if something like that happened to Ben or Jack, even though we never had such a strong relationship. I mean, as kids, yeah. They were always playing with me, teaching me stuff and I loved them. They were those cool older brothers that I had to protect me. But as years passed and I got older, we kind of... drifted away. They went to college, I was in high school. I barely even saw them. Just for holidays, when there was a family reunion and they weren't busy studying and preparing exams. But I gor used to it, it wasn't something I cried over. Besides, I had my friends, my band mates. I still have them and that's better than being on my own or my stuck up brothers.