The decision.

Check the bottom note, guys! And enjoy. :)

P.S. I listened to Close As Strangers whilst writing so I suggest you do that too if you want. x

Ashton's POV

''What do you mean, Lauren's at hospital?'' I shrieked, my brain taking incredibly long to process the given information. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This is not possible.

Harley tried soothing me. ''Ashton, calm down, please. Let me explain.''

I let her tell me about all that happened, feeling myself growing weaker and angrier as she told me everything.

''Someone fucking ran her over?!''I exclaimed, unable to hold my emotions in.

Harley bit her lip, nodding slowly, her eyes glossy with tears.

''Is she okay, Harley? What did mum say?'' I huffed in frustration, pacing around the place as I held my head with my hands in desperation.

''I don't know anything, Ash. She only told me that they're about to do an operation. '' she answered, her voice strangled.

I released a long breath. 

''I need to fucking get there.'' I mumbled, snapping both Harley and Luke's head in my way.

''What? Ashton, you can't just go.'' Harley said, her eyes narrowed at me. ''You have performances to do and-''

''Do I look like I care about that?'' I interrupted, stomping my feet a little. ''Harley, it's our freaking sister, I don't care about missing a few concerts. ''

Harley stood up, walking up to me and taking my hands in hers. ''Ashton look at me.'' she bellowed. ''You're thinking irrationally at the moment. ''

As I tried to object, she put her finger up, as if to tell me to not say a thing. ''No, Ashton. I understand how you're feeling, damn, Lauren is my sister too. But you can't just fly to Australia and leave everything behind. It's too much. Think about your fans, the boys, everyone. '' she told me, her voice soft as she stared up into my eyes.

I sighed. ''What do you suggest then, Harley?''

Harley didn't answer immediately. Instead, she bit her lip in concentration, looking down to our hands.

''I'm going there. '' she finally said, getting a frown from me and a loud 'what?!' from Luke.

She turned to face him. ''Luke, I have to. It's the only thing I can do. I have to make sure Lau is okay or else I'd go crazy.''

''But-''

''No buts, that's my final decision. You guys will soon be in L.A., so maybe if you have some free time, you could fly there for a bit, but right now, you're staying here. Is that clear?''

Luke and I both hesitated, but nodded anyway. Harley inhaled deeply, trying to crack a smile, though failing miserably.

''I should go pack then.'' she murmured, starting to walk past me, but getting stopped in her tracks as I got a hold of her forearm and pulled her in a hug.

''I love you so much. '' I mumbled into her hair, placing a kiss there. Harley released a sound that resembled a small cry, clutching closer to me. ''I love you too, Ash. To the moon and back.''

Harley's POV

''Have you seen my toothbrush?'' I called, directing my question to no one in particular. I paced around the bus, picking my stuff so I could pack them.

I heard some shuffling and then a tall figure appeared behind the sliding door.

''Luke, have you-''