chapter 18

Melissa P.O.V

Elvis has been busy day in and day out, He really kept his promise for me and he's been home much earlier and working to keep out marriage together, I haven't thought about Red at all since Elvis kept his promise I'll stay away from Red.

Untill Rose mentioned him, it totally caught me off guard.

"Do you think Red is gonna be at you wedding? "Rose asked me, Fiddiling with the flower petals we had laid out. We were trying to pick which one looks the best .

I froze I forgot about him I haven't thought about him in months

"Melissa? "Rose,waved her hand in my face .

"Oh , I don't know Elvis hasn't told him we got engaged yet"I replied honestly, which I know Red is gonna flip once he tells him. 

"What? he's Elvis best friend "Rose questioned. 

"Hey ,Why don't we go dress shopping?"I smiled, trying to change the subject. I still haven't gotten my feeds and that's the most important part.

we went to a little boutique in town that had many dress . Some ladies gave me strange looks and whispers because I was Elvis's fiance. I ignored them at went straight to the dresses.

I found one that was a lace and it had an open back with a sweet heart neckline, and I knew I instantly fell in love with it. I also knew Elvis wouldn't be able to keep his hands off of me.

I came out the dressing room and ma was already tearing up, Rose and some tears in her eyes as well.

"What do you think?"I asked them running my hand through my dress.

"Oh baby you look beautiful! "Mom clapped her hands together in excitment.

"You think so?" I smiled, turning around to face the mirror.

"she's right you have to get this dress!" Rose smiled widely.

"I'm getting this!!" I smiled.

"Oh my baby is getting married! "Mom started crying.

By the end of the appointment everyone was in tears, I said my goodbyes to my Mom and Rose and left to go home. But once I seen Elvis's car in the front I froze. I had to get my dress in but I didn't want him too see it.

"Hey baby I haven't seen you all day" Elvis smirked as I walked in.

"I know, I had a busy day."I huffed, Walking up the stairs.

"so where were you? "Elvis question,opening our bedroom door.

I got nervous I didn't want to tell him I got my dress yet, because I know I'll give in too let him see it.

"um me my sister and my Mom went shopping you know us girls love shopping "I Replied nervously, Putting my dress in the closet

"Right...."Elvis smiled."so What did ya get?"Elvis asked

I couldn't hold it in any longer and I was too excited

"I got my wedding dress!!!"I squealed, jumping up and down.

"can I see"Elvis smiled, wrapping his arms around me.

"No and don't try to sweet talk me "I smirked.

"Okay Okay"Elvis held his hands up.

"Baby I have Something to tell you"Elvis said, pulling me to the bed.

"Okay What is it?"I Raised my brow, standing between his legs.

"the colonel thinks It's a bad idea for us to get married "Elvis sighed, rubbing my side.

my heart sank down to the floor, I opened my mouth but nothing came out.

"baby? "Elvis questioned.

"So we're not getting married? "A year fell down.

"well he thinks that well... "Elvis stammered looking anywhere but at me.

"Elvis spit it out!"I Snapped getting frustrated not with him but with what he might say.

"He thinks your using me!"Elvis blurted out.

"Do you believe him?"I questioned, He tried to grip my waist but I moved from him.

"No and I told him your not he doesn't get it"He replied, running his hand through his hair.

"baby if you don't want to get married maybe we should wait"I sighed, not wanting to cause trouble at his job.

He pulled me into him and rested his head on my shoulder.

"No were still getting married I promised you that and I'm doing that promise! "Elvis kissed my shoulder blade up to my neck.

"I love you "I smiled.

"I love you"He replied, kissing me softly.

"What Are you gonna tell the colonel?" I asked once I pulled away.

"well Im gonna tell him I'm gonna marry you if he likes it or not"Elvis kissed my neck, Unbuttoning my blouse.

He pulled me on top of him as he landed on the bed. 

"Oh I forgot to tell you"Elvis mumbled, Pulling my shirt over my head.

"What? "Breathed, teaching to the hem of his shirt.

"Red's my best Man "He replied, pulling me closer and kissing my neck.

I didn't know what to say, My heart pounded and I froze.

"Melissa? "He stopped, rolling over and propping himself up.

"Are you Okay?" He asked, dipping his head kissing me.

"uh Yeah I'm fine "I replied, kissing his neck pulling him down on me.

"you Sure you look pretty sick "He Rubbed my cheek.

"No I'm just a little tired is all"I lied, Kissing his lips

I didn't know how I was gonna react to when I see Red, But I'm gonna stick with Elvis and not let Red ruin me again.