14

after spending the night with gus i went back to my apartment where diego was waiting with hundreds of roses and bags of gifts. he apologized to me and promised me to better himself. he wasn't mad that i was with peep either. i accepted his apology and i can tell you one thing, nobody ever changes.

"dani!" diego yelled from the bedroom.

"what." i yelled back. he didn't reply so i threw down the remote and walked into the room.

"what the fuck is this?" he yelled. he held up his phone and showed me a picture of me and gus hugging the night i went over there.

"i told you he was there diego." i said watching my tone.

"bitch you're mine and if you ever try to get back with him i'll kill you both." he said. he grabbed me by the throat and pinned me against the wall. i clawed at his hands but he only tightened his grip. i could feel myself getting lightheaded until he released my throat and i fell to the floor, heaving.

"take off your clothes." he demanded. i couldn't move. he grabbed my hair and i yelped.

"bitch are you deaf?" he yelled in my face. i took a deep breath and began to strip myself of my clothes and dignity.

he grabbed me by the throat again and threw me on the bed. he called me all kinds of names as he plunged into me without my consent. his words stabbed into me and felt like fire against my skin. i started crying so he shoved a xanax down my throat and continued with his pleasure. after he was finished i lied on the bed and cried myself to sleep.

——

"bitch get the fuck up. we going out, get ready." he said yanking me out of a peaceful sleep. not wanting to get punished again i followed his orders and tried to cover every bruise that colored my body. it was unsuccessful but i'd just say i fell.

diego dragged me out of the house and to his car when i finished getting ready. we pulled up to some sort of club and i was dreading going inside. i hope i didn't see anyone i knew. they definitely would catch on and find out what diego was doing to me.

"hey bro what's up!" some random guy said walking over to me.

"dave what's up!" diego said. dave was a bit older than diego and wouldn't keep his eyes off me.

"who's this?" dave asked licking his lips hungrily.

"my girl. wanna take this bad girl out for a test drive?" diego asked.

i watched as dave nodded then watched as diego disappeared as i was dragged away. dave dragged me back to a room and had his way with me. after he was done he left me laying on a leather couch crying. i heard people outside the door and i got scared that more guys were coming in. i hid behind the couch until i heard his voice.

"gus." i cried from being the couch. i couldn't move anymore.

"dani?" gus said peeking his head over the couch. he realized i was naked and ran behind the couch and covered me with his jacket.

"what happened to you?" he mumbled, scanning my bruised body.

"i-a guy-help." i stuttered. i cried into his arms feeling weak. i hadn't eaten in 3 days because diego wouldn't let me, he told me i was gaining too much weight.

"hey princess i'm taking you to the hospital." gus said. i just nodded my head while he wrapped me up in a blanket and carried me out of the club.

"hey i love you dani." gus said as he put me in the front seat.

"i love you gus." i said closing my eyes. my body felt heavy and so did my eyelids.

i don't remember getting to the hospital but i remember getting to my room. the doctors sounded like they were all talking a million miles per hour. i didn't understand anything they said but peep looked stressed. he followed them up until they wouldn't let him anymore. 

——

i woke up to a cold breeze blowing against my skin. i opened my eyes to bright whiteness and instantly closed them again. once i got used to the light i looked around to see bexey and gus asleep in the chairs next to my bed.

"gus." i mumbled. he shot up and smiled at me.

"dani you're up." he said grabbing my hand.

"what did the doctors say?" i asked.

"you're really underweight and not getting nutrients or some shit. they put you under some really heavy sleeping meds and you've been asleep for forever." gus said.

"where's diego?" i whispered.

"i don't know. i'm pulling up at his house once you're out of the hospital and doing better. i'm going to kill him." gus said, i knew he wasn't joking either.

"gus please. i don't want anything to do with him anymore. just leave it alone okay?" i pleaded.

"i'm here to protect you from now on. nothing will ever hurt you again danielle." he said.

"you say that all the time gus." i said closing my eyes.

"this time i really mean it. i'm sure there will be a few bumps but i'm never leaving you alone again. you're always gonna be right by my side." he spoke seriously. i just stayed silent and it stayed like that for a few minutes.

"you told me you loved me." he said. i continued my silence.