Chapter 46 No Trust

Kevin's P.O.V.

It was nightfall and Kevin felt uncomfortable being part of Denny's group. 'I didn't even agree to this he only asked Kyle and assumed my answer was yes, just because I once helped him.
Kevin frowned as he looked over to see the Vaporeon asleep cuddled up with Jessie. Kevin narrowed his eyes. 'How would he like it if she died? I only helped him because I thought I was gonna be back with my mate but instead, he lied to us and killed everyone!, I'll never forgive him.
Then Zeta walked up to him and crossed his arms. Since Denny didn't trust him or Kyle he had asked Zeta to stay up and keep guard. "Why are you still up? go to sleep Kevin you're not going anywhere on my watch!" Kyle was fast asleep beside him. Kevin sighed. "Don't worry I wouldn't leave Kyle he's more at risk here than I am," Zeta grunted then walked away. "Those eyes better be closer next time I come your way or I'll make you close them!" Kevin sighed feeling lots of hatred towards the Zoroack. 'And to think that we were once close, or was it all lies? This must be how Shawn felt after the battle. Poor guy, I miss him to shreds now. Kevin finally closed his eyes and went to sleep.

***

Once the sun rose the next day Kevin's ear twitched at the sound of stirring as the others were getting up. He heard Kyle yawn as he rose to his paws and lightly pawned Kevin in the side. "Come on Kevin it's time to get up." He opened his eyes to see the shiny Lycanric sitting in front of him. He groggily got up and stretched and then Denny padded over to them. "Good morning hostages, hopefully, I'll be able to trust you soon." Kevin growled, "No it's us who don't trust you! You're nothing but a dirty little liar." Denny rolled his eyes. "Yeah, and you're nothing but a traitor!" He retorted back. "Only because you lied to us!" Kevin snapped as his hackles lifted. "You told everyone we were gonna defeat Darle and free all the shiny Pokemon!" Denny hissed "I did what was best!" Kevin hesitated then sighed. "I thought you were doing it mostly for your siblings... Why did that change?" Kyle was watching the argument with interest then he looked at Denny with the same questioning look in his eyes. "Yeah, that's a good question why did you change your mind?" Denny's lip curled. "I changed my mind when I realized that all shiny Pokemon are just the same. Selfish and careless and we're better off without them!" He hissed through clenched teeth." Kyle frowned. "Umm, you do realize I'm shiny? And I am not like what you just said and I know Fredrick isn't either." Denny snarled. "I think I know my own brother thank you very much, and Fredrick does deserve to die, he's not much better than any other shiny! He's turning out to be the worst shiny in fact." He paused to let out a sigh. "I guess that's what happens when you grow up with Darle." Jessie giggled. "Hehe, it's true you know Fredrick betrayed Denny." Kyle looked shocked. "Oh? and what makes you think that?" Denny grunted, "Well he turned me down years ago." The Vaporeon frowned as he went on. "He chose to stay with Darle and now he's gathering a group of shiny Pokemon to help him. Let me guess the special club that I'm not invited to? Well, too bad I guess I'll just have to show up uninvited." Kevin felt puzzled. 'What is he talking about? I didn't know Fredrick had a group. Or on top of that shinies... Heh, then yet again I never really met him before. Kevin looked at Kyle but the shiny Lycanroc didn't meet his gaze then Charlie barged into the conversation. "Umm, I think it's time we get moving." Denny nodded. "I couldn't agree more thank you, Charlie." Then they all started heading off. Kevin was walking beside Kyle he was gonna say something until Zeta got in between them. "Denny doesn't want you guys talking with each other. We don't trust you just yet. Kyle you walk beside Charlie, and I'll keep watch on you Kevin." Kevin rolled his eyes. "I don't care about you anymore Zeta." He muttered in a low voice and Zeta just shrugged his shoulders. "Oh well, I don't care Kevin after this is all over we're just gonna-" Denny cut him off "Let you go right Zeta?" He growled then Zeta grumbled. "Whatever.." Kevin felt a little suspicious at Denny's hostile tone. 'It's like he's hiding something and it's quite obvious he's not going to let us go after. Then Kevin noticed the Vaporeon was looking at him. "Umm, I know what you're thinking I can see it on your face." Kevin felt a little tense then he replied. "Well, I know what you're planning." Denny moved over to match his pace. "Do you now? What if I offer you a second chance? I could use you back on my side." Kevin glared at him. "I thought you didn't tolerate betrayal. I know I don't." He grumbled.
The Vaporeon showed his teeth. "Err you're asking for it." Kevin sighed. "I like the deal where you let us go after... If there even is that." Denny met his gaze. "Oh, trust me I always stay true to my word." Zeta nodded. "Yeah, it's been true so far from what I've seen." Kevin glanced ahead to see Charlie and Kyle talking while Jessie was walking on the right side of Kyle. She looked back at them. "Hey, Denny good news Kyle knows a thing or two about healing! Good thing we have their help." She smiled and Kevin rolled his eyes then Denny responded. "Umm, that is good to have... Only if we can trust him!" Kyle turned a sharp glare on him but Charlie stoped him from snapping back at Denny. "Don't Kyle it's not worth it." Kevin could sense the anger coming off of Denny then he relaxed a bit. Kevin grumbled "So where are we going anyways?"
"You'll know soon enough now stop asking questions."