12: Stucky

"You are literally the one thing I'd give everything up for"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve knew Bucky. They had grown up together, fought together, protected each other. Granted when they met each other for the first time in years didn't go well seeing as Bucky had tried to kill him but Steve knew that wasn't his Bucky.

Then the Sokovia Accords were proposed. Steve wondered how they could suggest such a thing after S.H.I.E.L.D and what baffled was that Tony once refused to give the government his suit so why was he now going to freely hand it over. Sure Steve knew Tony felt guilty for Sokovia, they all did but could they really risk the Avengers becoming corrupt because of the government or the world being in danger because the government didn't deem it Avenger worthy.

Then after the explosion during the Accords signing people started blaming Bucky. Steve had been searching for him and would of known that Bucky was there to do that.

Now Steve and Bucky sat in the Quinjet on their way to Siberia. Steve was reflecting on the battle they had hours earlier when Bucky broke the silence that surrounded them.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"Risking everything, your friends, your life for me."

"Because I know you Bucky, I know you are innocent and that you had no control over your actions."

"How do you know that for sure?"

"Cause I know you Bucky. We grew up together and been by each other's side. I know you better then anyone."

"You used to know me." Bucky said sadly.

"You are still the same guy that used to protect me, your still the guy I fell in love with." Steve said looking at Bucky and a blush dusted his cheeks.

"What?"

"I love you Bucky, it destroyed me thinking you were dead and even now my love for you out weighs everything." Steve said walking over to Bucky. Kneeling down he took Bucky's hand in his own and rubbed his thumb across Bucky's knuckles.

"I love you too Steve but how can you love a monst-"

"James, you are no monster, we have both killed people a done things we aren't proud of, but you have still risked your life to save countless lives. You are not a monster." Steve said looking Bucky directly in the eyes. Steve never used his first name unless it was serious.

Steve leaned forward and rested their foreheads together. The silence that blanketed them was comfortable as the enjoyed to presence of the other for the first time in decades.

Soon they were flying over Siberia and it was time to land. Steve whispers "I love you" too Bucky which he replies before getting up and walking to the controls to land the jet.

Just before leaving the Quinjet Bucky cluched Steve's shoulder before saying "I' with you til the end of the line."

Steve smiled at the comment reminding him of the time that Bucky had saved him from a beating before telling him that he had enlisted in the army and was being deported soon.

Steve pulled Bucky into a hug before the two men left the jet unaware of the events that will soon follow.