57: Merthur

"I love you and I'm terrified."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now Merlin normally acted weird compared to the normal people Arthur encountered in Camelot or the foreign visitors that came to greet him and his father during balls and celebrations. But recently Arthur had noticed that Merlin had been acting stranger then normal. But hat confused him even more was the fact that he only acted strangely around him when they were alone.

If the knights or noble men and women or anyone was around then Merlin would be his normal goofy, clumsy self. Before when they were alone they used to joke around but now Merlin would blush and not look Arthur in the eye and sometime Merlin wouldn't speak a word to him let alone joke around with him. Arthur was frustrated and confused about his friends behaviour so he decided that he would soon find out why her was acting like this.

One evening, as Merlin brought Arthur's dinner to his Chambers, Arthur told him to stay behind before he chance to run back to his chores, that were non existent. Arthur asked "Merlin, I know there is something bothering you. What is it?"

"It's nothing Arthur."

"Merlin, you hardly speak to me anymore let alone look at me in the eye. Have I done something to upset you. If so please tell me, just stop avoiding the conversation."

"I told you Arthur, its nothing."

This conversation went round in circles multiple times and Merlin avoided talking about it. Both Merlin and Arthur were getting annoyed with each other as neither would listen and just stop the conversation.

As Arthur continued to ask, Merlin finally burst out saying "I love you and I'm terrified ok." Merlin instantly slapped his hand over his mouth as he wished he could take it back. The room fell into silence as Arthur tried to register what Merlin had just told him while Merlin held his breath waiting for Arthur to yell at him and call him disgusting.

Arthur stood up from where he sat and stalked over to Merlin, his face was void of emotion while his eyes were cold and blank. Merlin took a step backwards for every step that Arthur took towards him. Soon his back was against the wall and Arthur was centimetres away from him. Merlin closed his eyes and closed his eyes as he waited to the inevitable hit that was going to happen.

However instead of feeling the sting of a punch on his cheek, Merlin felt fireworks as Arthur connected their lips. The kiss was magical once Merlin kissed back and their lips moved in sync with each other. The kiss didn't last long but when they pulled away Arthur whispered "I love you too."