45: Adashi

"Stay. For me."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adam and Shiro had been dating since the second year they were at the Garrison together. But like every couple they had their problems. One was the fact that Shiro still went into space despite his illness.

Recently Shiro had agreed and persuaded the commanders to go on the Kerberos Mission with Matt and Sam Holt. He was almost not aloud to go due to his condition but after a bit of convincing they were finally able to go.

Hours before the team had to leave, Adam and Shiro were cuddling in bed trying to enjoy their last moments together before Shiro had to leave. As the time grew nearer, Adam tightened his arms around Shiro's middle.

Adam wanted to bring up another conversation on why Shiro shouldn't go. But after all the pervious arguments and failed attempts at getting Shiro to stay, Adam had no more hope that the stubborn male would change his mind. Not for his boyfriend or for his brother.

Soon Shiro moved out of Adams arms and gave him a kiss before he went to leave. The two never said goodbye as they knew that they would see each other again. But as Shiro was about to leave, Adam grabbed his hand making him turn around and face him. Quietly Adam said "Stay. For me. Please Takashi."

Shiro look at his boyfriend sadly and pulled in for another kiss, that held the promise that he would return and that he loved him. But as Shiro left through the door a single tear slipped down Adam's face. Something didn't feel right.

Having been away from earth for years, Shiro walks down the corridors that he once knew so well and saw that nothing had changed. His path was set as he carried on down the halls until he reached his destination. Walking to the wall in front of him his eyes fell upon the familiar name.

His face and eyes were void of all emotion as he rested his hand on the plaque.

Adam W.

"Adam. I'm sorry." Only then did he crumple to the ground overcome with grief, and as he sobbed quietly on the floor all he did was whisper "I should of stayed."