60: Klance

"Promise you will come back. I need you to promise me."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keith had just announced that he was going to be leaving Voltron for a while, while to continued with his training with the Blade of Marmora. He explained that he hadn't been solely focused on being a Paladin like he should of and thought that it would be better doing on or the other. And now that the Black Lion had accepted Shiro back as his Paladin there was no place for him in Voltron.

What he didn't tell them however was the other reason for his departure. The night before, he and Lance had been talking and Lance was worried that as Shiro was back, Keith would take over piloting the Red Lion and he would just become more useless then he already felt. So instead of Lance feeling as if he had to leave, Keith left instead. At least he had another role to play in this war.

No one really wanted Keith to leave, while being in space together they had formed a small family and no one wanted to lose a family member after only just getting one back. However they all understood why Keith was leave and actually thought it would be a great opportunity for him to bond with his mother further.

Everyone crowded around Keith as they gave his hugs and wished him all the best and said that is he ever needed them, they would be there in a heart beat. While all this was going on, no one noticed the figure that stood in the corner and watched the scene in sadness.

Lance stood in the shadows as his heart slowly broke at the thought of the mullet haired male leaving. As tears began brimming in his eyes, Lance left the room thinking no one would realise that he ha left. But he was wrong. Not long after Lance had entered his room and flopped on the bed, the door opened and there Keith stood looking a little worried about him.

No one knew that the twos relationship surpassed that of a friendship as they had actually been dating since the battle with Zarkon. The only reason Lance actually still flirted with people was because he thought when Keith was jealous he was really cute.

Walking further into the room Keith said "Hey Lance, are you ok?" Lance just shook his head sadly.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't want you to go. I know why you're going and I can't blame you for going. But I just don't want you to go. How am I going to cope with out seeing you everyday, how am I going to function with out getting to hold you in my arms and playing with your mullet every day, what about all the kisses you just randomly steal that never fail to brighten up my day. How am I going to live with out knowing if your alive and safe and well." Lance said while sitting up so he can face Keith, tears already lefty stains on his red cheeks.

Keith went and sat next to Lance before pulling him into his arms. He whispered soothing words to Lance and promised that he would be safe and that everything would be ok and that he would return and visit him and talk to him every day.

Lance whispered "Promise you will come back. I need you to promise me." while Keith just nodded and promised that he would return.