52: BoyfRiends

"I'm fine. Stop asking."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a matter of months after the SQUIP was defeated and Jeremey had asked Christine out, however after their first date they mutually decided that they would just remain friends.

Now as the days pasted by Michael noticed the change in Jeremey. Much like when he was controlled but the SQUIP, he became distant and avoided him more and more at school. This left Michael both confused and saddened.

He thought that everything was ok between them and that he had gotten his Player One back. Michael kept asking himself day in, day out whether he had done something to upset Jeremey or whether the SQUIP had actually been destroyed. Michael wanted to help Jeremey more then anything in the world, but didn't know where to start.

One evening, Michael invited Jeremey over to play Apocalypse of the Dammed like they always did. But as they sat in Michael's basement, mindlessly trying to beat the next level, comfortably slouching in their beanbags, the floor littered with empty slushy cups and food containers, Michael looked over at Jeremey and noticed the awkward expressing and the light redness in his cheeks.

So for the fourth time in an hour, Michael asked "Hey Jere are you alright."

"I'm fine. Stop asking." Jeremey snapped.

Michael was angry to say the least.

"Well sorry for actually giving a shit about you. I get that I may be annoying but there's no need to snap at me like that. Its not like I'm worried about you or that I think that I've done something that means you hate me now and that's why you're always avoiding me.It's not like am in love with you or anything. " Michael said as tears started to pool in his eyes.

"Wait, you love me?"

"Of course I do you Idiot. I've loved you for years. But recently I've felt as if I'm losing you all over again when I've only just got you back. I just wish you would open up to me."

"Michael, I.. I love you too."

"What?"

"I love you too, that's why I've been avoiding you. I thought you wouldn't love me back."

"You idiot." Michael said before flinging himself into Jeremey's arms. The two continued to cuddle in the beanbag, Michael on Jeremey's lap as they continued playing their game.

The next day they walked into school holding hands as they sported their school bags. One saying Boyf and the other saying Riends. At least now their bags were right. They were BoyfRiends.