64: Spidypool: Part One

"I'll find him and bring him home I promise."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter and Wade had been dating for just over two years but they had known and been fighting crime together for longer. However only two people knew that they were dating. They knew they worked together and the Avengers knew that they were friends but no one really knew that they were dating.

One night as the two were on patrol, Peter asked Wade if he was willing to have dinner with his family and meet his parents as his boyfriend officially. Wade knew that Peter's parents weren't his biggest fan but agreed knowing how important they were to Peter and wanted to make him happy.

However as the date of the dinner grew closer Wade grew more and more nervous. Finally the night finally came and Wade had never been so nervous in his life. He knew that Tony was very protective of Peter and practically hated him. He was a bit more hopeful that Steve would except them.

When Wade turned up at Stark Tower, Peter greeted him and lead him to the dinning room. Sitting there was the rest of the Avengers. Peter and Steve brought the food in and everyone sat down and started eating. Soon Peter put his cutlery down and said "I have something to tell you guys, me and Wade are dating."

Everyone instantly went quiet as tension grew. Wanda, who already knew, congratulated the couple. Everyone soon look towards Tony to see what his reaction was. Within seconds Tony stood up from his seat, his face red with anger. As Tony started to shout at Wade for dating his son and at Peter for dating such a dangerous person. Steve was happy for the two and tried to came him down.

Soon Peter couldn't handle what Tony was saying and argued back and defended Wade who did nothing to defend himself and although he defended Peter, Wade never raised his voice to Tony. As soon as the argument between father and son it ended. Tony stormed off towards his work shop as Peter jumped out of the window and swung across the city.

Wade was about to go after him when a firm hand was placed on his shoulder. Steve was stood about him smiling down at him sadly. Wade could tell that Steve wanted him to stay behind and wait for Peter to come calm down and come back. As much as he wanted to go after his boyfriend, Wade decided to leave him be for now.

As the two waited for their partners to calm down and return, they engaged in conversation about their lives and generally learnt more about each other. The two got one very well and after an hour Tony came back from the work shop. He was a little upset to still see Wade there but didn't say anything further. Steve and Wade continued to talk and Peter still didn't come home.

Almost five hours later and Peter hadn't returned or contacted Wade. Wade grew more and more worried. Despite Steve reassuring him that Peter would be okay Wade's mind run rampant with what ifs. Soon Wade was pacing around the room checking his phone every five seconds.

Before long Wade's phone rang and with out a second hesitation he answered. "Peter, baby are you okay, where are you?"

"Wade....." Peter said sounding frightened and vulnerable. But before he was able to say anything else the line went dead. Wade frantically called Peter's name and tried to call him back with no success. In frustration he threw the phone across the room. It shattered upon impact.

Fear coursed through his body as all his nightmares became true. Hearing Wade on the phone, Tony and Steve looked at each other as a look of fear made its way on their faces. Their heart plummeted into their stomachs as the worry for their baby grew.

Wade quickly turned towards the couple and said "I'll find him and bring him home I promise." Before running towards the door. He would find his baby boy if it was the last thing he did and swore that anyone who got in his way would meet a painful end. Before disappearing into the night to find Peter he whispered into the silence of the city "I'm coming baby, just hold on."