44: Merthur

"You make me want things I can't have"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since Merlin became his manservant, Arthur found that he and Merlin had become closer. But as they became closer, Arthurs feelings grew from ones of friendship to something more. Arthur would find himself staring at Merlin during balls or even missing the idiot when he was doing chores and Arthur had nothing better to do.

When Arthur that he had grown to love Merlin, he realised that he could never act upon his feelings for the sheer fact that Merlin was a servant and he was a prince.

In an attempt to hide and move on from his feelings, Arthur started to distance himself from Merlin and gave Merlin more chores to do just so that they would spend even less time with each other.

One day Merlin goes to Arthurs chambers to speak to him. Merlin had noticed that Arthur had been avoiding him and he wanted to know what he had done wrong that had upset him so much. Upon entering Merlin said "Arthur we need to talk."

"Not now Merlin."

"Yes now, You've been avoiding and ignoring me or months and I want to know why. Have I done something wrong because if I have I'm sorry but I need to know Arthur." Merlin said trying to keep the desperation and fear out of his voice that had been eating away at him for a while.

Arthur sighs before looking up at Merlin and said "It's nothing you've done its just, you make me want things I can't have"

"What do you mean, you're the prince you can have anything you want so how can I make you want something that you cant have?" Merlin asked quite confused at what Arthur had just said.

"That the exact reason why I can't have it, because I'm the prince."

"That's never stopped you before."

"You don't get it do you, I want you Merlin. But I can't have you." Arthur shouted annoyed that Merlin kept pushing and couldn't leave the situation alone.

Merlin just walked over to Arthur and said "What if I want you too, can you still not have me." Once Merlin finished his sentence, Arthur crashed their lips together not wanting to go another second with out what he wants most in the whole of Camelot. Merlin.