Betrayal

MATTY

We all hung around trying to listen to Jem talking on the phone and decipher what was happening, which was difficult as we couldn't here what Felix was saying so it was a one sided conversation. I hovered at the bottom of the stairs looking up at her closed door concerned, Jem still wasn't very open about the nature of her and Felix's relationship or about him at all, I still knew little to nothing about the boy, but what I had heard so far I wasn't over impressed with. I had caught snippets of conversations between them that I didn't like, I'd caught him more than a few times asking her for inappropriate things like a sexy photo or asking if she was alone so that he could 'see what he was missing so much', I would make my presence known ending the conversation, the boys seemed equally concerned and has overheard a few things they didn't like either, but none of us were sure how to handle it. Whatever was happening right now we could tell it wasn't good from the barrage of swear words and volume of Jem's angry yelling down the phone. She was still extremely quiet and cautious most of the time, so we knew whatever this was it was going to be bad, really bad.

"YOU DID WHAT"
"HOW COULD YOU FELIX"
"HOW MANY FELIX"
"JUST TELL ME"
"HOW LONG"
"DON' T YOU DARE TRY TO BLAME THIS ON ME."
"WELL WHAT ARE YOU SAYING THEN"
"IT'S NOT LIKE I HAD A CHOICE FELIX, IT WASN'T MY DECISION TO COME HERE"
"AND HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT! MY BROTHER IS NOT GOING TO LET COME LIVE WITH YOU!"
"ARE YOU ACTUALLY BEING SERIOUS"
"THATS NOT A REASON FELIX"
"NO"
"YOU'RE AN ACTUAL FUCKING ASSHOLE"
"I'VE BEEN GONE LIKE THREE MONTHS! YOU COULD HAVE COME HERE YOU KNOW!"
"FORGIVE YOU, FORGIVE YOU! YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR TINY FUCKING MIND FELIX"
"I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BLOODY BANDMATES"
"YOUR NOT THEIR LITTLE PUPPET, YOU DO HAVE A MIND OF YOUR OWN DON'T YOU."
"NO YOU LISTEN, THERE IS NO EXCUSE FELIX"
"A YEAR, I WASTED A YEAR ON YOUR SORRY ASS"
"YOU COULD'T EVEN GO THREE MONTHS FELIX, THREE MONTHS"
"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN YOU DICK"
"NO DON'T BOTHER"
"YOU MAKE ME FEEL SICK"
"I HATE YOU"

All went eerily quiet then their was the crashing sound of smashing glass followed by heavy pounding on the stairs. The boys all flew out of the kitchen to see Jem angrily stomping down the stairs at speed and towards the front door. I grabbed her arm as she stormed past us.

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME" she screeched yanking her arm away from me, her face was red with anger and tears were welling in her eyes, I didn't even know her voice could go that loud.
"Jem what's happened, what's wrong?" I tried to ask
"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE" she screamed as she continued to storm towards the door.
"No Jem, wait, where are you going?"
"NONE OF YOUR GOD DAMN BUSINESS, YOUR ALL THE FUCKING SAME, THE LOT OF YOU I CAN'T TRUST ANY OF YOU, YOUR JUST A BUNCH OF STUPID SELFISH DICKS, FUCKING STUPID BOYS, I'M DONE, I'M NOT TRUSTING ANYONE EVER AGAIN" she raged.
"Jem, stop come back"
"OR WHAT! WHAT YOU GONNA DO MATTY"
"Jem listen to me"
"LISTEN TO YOU, WHY BECAUSE YOUR MY 'GUARDIAN' "
"Yes"
"WELL COME ON THEN MATTY, YOU WANNA BE MY GUARDIAN YOU WANNA PLAY AT BEING THE BIG MAN, WHATS FIRST THEN HUH! YOU GONNA FUCK ME OR BEAT ME!"
"JEM!"

Jem stormed out the front door slamming it behind her. We stood there frozen for a moment in shock, this was bad we knew it was bad. Sandra had warned us that there might be a few hiccups along the way but the reality of our first speed bump had snuck up on us from nowhere and I was nowhere near prepared to deal with this. Tom snapped me out of it when he pushed past me to chase after Jem, I quickly followed him but we couldn't see her anywhere it was like she had vanished.

"Where the hell did she go" Milo puffed out of breath as he caught us up.

"I don't know, I don't know" I said frantically looking around.

"What do we do Matty, WHAT DO WE DO!" Tom began to yell "I'm calling my mum" he declared pulling his phone out of his pocket.

Sandra told us to go back to the house in case Jem came back. I rang Jem's phone hoping she would pick up but I could hear it ringing from upstairs, I ran up the stairs two at a time and rushed into her room to see her phone on her bed and the picture of her and Felix had been smashed and there was glass all over the floor. I began to panic pacing round the house, thinking and imagining the worst case scenarios in my head.

"What do I do, what do I do, I've just got her back I can't loose her" I sobbed to the boys

"We're not going to loose her Matty, she'll be back, she's just letting off steam." Ed tried to comfort me.

"Me and Milo are going to take the car and drive around see if we can see her, she can't have gone too far" Tom exclaimed grabbing the car keys off the side and hurrying out the door.

The boys returned an hour later, but they were alone. I didn't know what to do, hours past and it was starting to get dark, I rang the police but they weren't interested and said she hadn't been missing long enough. Tom went back out in the car to try again, Milo and max went out to look on foot. Ed was phoning the local hospitals, just in case. A few more hours past and everyone had returned empty handed. All we could do was wait, we sat in kitchen in silence and waited. I sat thinking of her last words to me, was that really what she thought? Was she just waiting for me to turn around and do that to her? My mind raced at a hundred miles an hour thinking of all the possible things she could be doing, all the possible trouble she could be getting herself into, all the worse case scenarios. I needed her safe back in my arms again, I'd become so attached to that little complex human and now I found myself sitting here contemplating life without her again.