New years fireworks.

JEMIMA

The next day was the day before New Year's Eve. I woke up alone and sleepily went to find William, who was hanging up clothes to dry on the patio.

"Morning...I washed your clothes, well I tried I'm not sure if I did it right I had to look up how to use a washing machine on the internet." he chuckled.

"Thank you William" I yawned snaking my arms around his waist and lay my head on his back, while he lay out my clothes to dry.

"So how you feeling, you had a rough night!" He spun around and wrapped his arms around me.

"Sorry, I didn't want you to see me like that." I said in a deflated tone of voice.

"I thought you said I was your boyfriend! You don't need to be embarrassed about these things with me you dope....you wanna talk about it?" I shook my head in his chest. "Right then, lets get some food into you" William made milkshakes and put some fancy looking muffins on a plate taking them out to the patio to eat outside.

"I like eating out here, it's peaceful" he declared finishing his second muffin.

"Hmmm me too" I nodded placing the last of my muffin in my mouth.

"Here try this one it's got raspberry jam in the middle" He handed me another fancy looking muffin.

"It's nice" I nodded chewing the muffin "but I don't think I can...." William took the muffin back broke it in half giving it back to me again.

"Let's go halves, I like the raspberry ones" he winked at me eating the other half, I smiled and finished my half making William beam with pride.

He cleared everything away then I went and got showered and changed. William went out saying he had to run some errands and I sat on the patio peacefully watching and listening to the waves crash back and forth, feeling like I could happily stay here forever, just me, William and the calming waves. After a while I checked my phone, Matty hadn't called again and neither had the boys, I just had one text from max.

Max: morning Emmy, just wanted to check you're ok? Please just let me know you're alright X

I decided to reply as max sounded a bit desperate in his text.

Jemima: I'm good max, I ate one and a half fancy muffins this morning plus a milkshake!

Max: wow I'm impressed Emmy good job xxxx

Max:are you coming home?

Jemima: yes but not yet

Max: I miss you :( love you Emmy xxxx

Jemima:ditto drumsticks xxxx

William came back with a whole bunch of shopping. He told me most of it was for New Year's Eve tomorrow, then sheepishly handed me a bag. "These are for you, I asked my sister what I should get" I opened the bag to find a handful of new underwear.

"Thank you William" I pecked him on the cheek then went to put a pair on, at least I didn't have to worry about my shorts falling down and me exposing myself accidentally! They fitted perfectly, William must have checked for the right size when he washed my clothes this morning.

We spent the rest of the day doing absolutely nothing, we went back out onto the patio to watch and listen to waves while William fiddled with my hair or traced shapes with his fingers on the exposed skin on my arms and legs, it was relaxing and I melted back into his arms as he did it. William made lunch and dinner, just simple food as I don't think he was used to cooking at all, I caught him a few times looking things up on his iPad or standing looking at the oven scratching his head looking utterly confused, but he'd shoo me away saying he had it under control. I ate most of my food and felt contempt and rested by the end of the day. We went to bed early and fell asleep quickly snuggled into each other, it was nice having a larger bed that we didn't have to squeeze into, I was exhausted but happy.