A new start

JEMIMA

The next morning I woke up in my new bed still snuggled up to Matty with four other sleeping boys dotted around the room. I guess we wore each other out with all the questions that went on into the early hours and eventually just fell asleep. I grinned at the sight of them sprawled in haphazard ways around the room, I had My Matty back plus four new brothers, I finally had a family, a new start and I was happy and I hoped I had finally found a real home, a place where I belonged.

I wiggled out of Matty's arms, tip toed across the room stepping over the sleeping bodies without waking them. I went downstairs and I started to make breakfast for everyone, today was a new day and I was determined to try my best at moving forward starting with breakfast. I also wanted to show my appreciation to all of the boys, they really had been great. I set up the counter and decided to do them a full spread, I don't remember any of them leaving my room yesterday to eat so they must be hungry considering I had already seen how much they all loved their food. I prepped some fruit, cooked some sausages which I think were supposed to be for the barbecue that didn't happen yesterday, I cooked some eggs, bacon, mushrooms and then started to make some fresh pancakes. The smell of cooking food must have woken the boys as they all appeared in the kitchen yawning and rubbing their eyes.

"What's going on?" Max yawned.

"What does it look like drumsticks, I'm making breakfast, pancakes are just cooking" I cheekily replied causing all the boys to laugh. They took a seat and started piling up food on their plates. Matty came and stood behind me putting his hands on my shoulders and bending down to talk quietly to me.

" how you doing my little Jem?" I jumped and flinched at his touch at first but apologised and didn't move him away.

"I'm good Matty, go eat" I said turning and smiling at him placing a piece of fruit in my mouth to eat it. Matty grinned with pride as he watched me eat the piece of fruit. Just then my phone started to ring, Tammy's name and face popping up on the screen and I squealed excitedly as I answered it.

"TAMMY, shit, wait let me put you on speaker I'm just cooking breakfast" I put Tammy on speaker phone and placed my phone on the counter next to Matty, then rushed to rescue the burning pancakes.

"Say hi to my brother and the boys"

"Hey Ems brother and...wait did you say you were cooking breakfast what the hell"

"Yep, new start Tam new start." I mumbled with a strawberry in my mouth

"Wow I'm impressed Em, I was ringing to check on you, but I guess Matty's got this covered"

"He has" I confirmed, Matty was now smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

"Hey Tammy, I'm trying. You got any tips for me?" Matty joked

"Sure hide the whiskey".

"TAM" I yelled

"I know I know your being good, but boys I'd still hide it if I was you, things got really messy last time whiskey was involved, Remember Rob Em"

"TAM, I'd rather forget that night and it was well over a year ago!"

"Duly noted Tam, thanks for the tip" Ed tried to end the topic, noting Matty's sour facial expression.

"Oh Felix wanted me to ask you if you had looked at those songs yet? He's pining after you big time already Em!" She giggled.

"Oh no, I haven't, no guitar remember. I thought Felix said they just needed tweaking, he's quite capable of doing that himself. Why didn't he ask me himself anyway?"