The roof top garden

JEMIMA

I felt so utterly useless, I was just as broken and damaged as Steve said I was, I hated seeing Matty so upset and knowing that I had caused it.  I had been discharged from the hospital first thing and jack drove us back to the hotel.  I was sitting on my bed, my headphones on, trying to block everything out.  All the boys were fussing over me, and to be honest it was driving my insane.

"Let's get something to eat" Milo was suggesting "how about we get room service then we don't have to sit in a restaurant "

"Good idea" Matty was doing his best to put on his everything's fine happy voice but I could see right through him "Jem what do you want to eat.?" He asked taking my headphones off my ears, I shrugged.  "Let's just order a bit of everything shall we boys and we can share" I put my headphones back in, I was listening to the music that William had sent me to learn, I don't know why as my throat was sore from having my stomach pumped and there was no way Matty was going to let me sing tomorrow night anyway, even if I could. There was a knock on the hotel door and William stood there asking if he could see me.

"I don't think that's a good idea at the moment mate, she's resting you know" max was blocking the entrance.

"please, I just wanted to talk to her for a moment, it won't take long."

I leapt off the bed, pushed past max and grabbed Williams hand pulling him into the corridor.

"It's fine, I'll be back later" I croaked through my sore throat

"Wait" Matty called out stumbling over his own feet to get to the corridor "where are you going?" I looked at William with pleading eyes as if to say save me from this prison cell that was that hotel room.

"We errmmm. I'm just going to take Jemima for some fresh air.  To the rooftop garden mr Miller" he quickly thought up on the spot.

"I'll come with you, just give me a minute to...."

"No matty, it's fine, I'm fine, I'll be back soon, I've got my phone look"

"I really don't think it's a good idea Jem....jem wait" Matty called after us as I started running holding onto Williams hand and dragging him along behind me.

"It's ok Mr Miller I'll look after her, and I'll bring her back, I promise" William called back down the corridor to Matty.

We reached the roof top garden, which to my relief was empty, I flopped onto one of the lounge sofas laying on my back letting out a huge sigh.

"Thank you"

"No problem, maybe you should text him though, tell him your ok". I nodded and pulled out my phone, I texted him a simple I'm ok, in the roof garden, then added a kiss emoji to butter him up.

"Wait come here" I patted the chair and William sat down and I lay back into his chest.

"What are you doing, not that I'm complaining, I could get used to this"

"Sending my brother proof of life" I giggled taking a selfie of William and I doing toothy grins with the garden view in the background, then sending it to Matty, before putting my phone back away.  William snaked his arms around me and we got more comfortable.

"Is this ok Jemima" I nodded and he gripped a little tighter round my waste. "You scared me yesterday"

"I'm sorry"

"Listen about tomorrow"

"It's ok, I know you have to replace me"

"What no, I was going to say I've rescheduled for two weeks time, they had a random free day I think something else got cancelled, sometimes it helps to have a dad with a ton of money and influence." He giggled slightly.