You dont love him

JEMIMA

Max threw me down on the bed and I darted straight back up to stand face to face with him like a bull glaring at a matador.

"Let me out" I hissed at him through gritted teeth

"No"

"You are NOT my brother you can't do this"

"No I'm not, I'm your max and your my Emmy" He said annoyingly calmly

"I'm nothing" I shoved him, but he stayed grounded to the floor like he was expecting it this time, annoying me even further.

"Your angry, and your allowed to be angry."

"SHUT UP" I screamed in to his face, he didn't flinch.

"Why are you angry Em?" He pushed taking a step closer to me.

"Why am I angry are you fucking kidding me max!" I turned towards his door and he rushed in front of it "MOVE"

"No, tell me what's in your head"

"No" I turned and darted to his window opening it and started climbing out until I was sitting my legs dangling out of the window ready to jump down and make my escape.

"Tell me what's in your head" max stood behind me, I turned to look at him and he pulled me back into the room closing the window. He put me back on the bed and I sat looking into his eyes, the tears now replacing my anger.

"No" I went to stand back up, but max gave me a light shove pushing back to sit on the bed. He knelt down at my feet his arms placed either side of me on the bed looking straight at me.

"Tell me what's in your head" he repeated again still calm and cool as if nothing had happened.

"He's in my head max, he's in my head and I can't get him out." I sobbed. "He took everything max, everything, I don't have anything left, I'm never going to see my baby again"

"Emmy..."

"...and now William..."

"He told you he loves you didn't he?" I averted my eyes. "That's a yes" he scoffed smugly. "But you don't love him do you, and don't give me that bullshit lecture about not knowing what the word means" I snapped my eyes to look at him "You don't love him Jemima" more tears welled in my eyes. "And you know why don't you, say it" I shook my head at him tears rolling down my cheeks. He wiped them with his thumb but I pulled away, but he continued anyway. "Say it, I need to hear you say it Emmy, I can't do anything unless I hear you say it" his eyes were now also tearful.

"Because he's not you" I whispered. With that max connected his lips against mine and kissed me, unlike when William kisses me my stomach turned with butterflies, not with lust or the need for closeness, with emotion that I hadn't felt before. He continued to kiss me, his hands in my hair, and I kissed him back and I felt myself turn into jelly in his arms, he held my tiny waist with his large hands as he pulled away starring into my eyes.

"This is what it feels like Emmy, this is what love feels like, this right here, this" he placed his large palm on my cheek and pressed his forehead on mine "and I'm not going anywhere Emmy, no matter how much you scream at me or push me away, because you came crashing into my life all those months ago and now I can't imagine life without you in it."

More tears fell from my eyes as I pushed him away standing up, unlocking the door and running into the floral room slamming the door without saying another word. I belly flopped onto my bed and buried my head into my pillow and cried all the tears that I had held back over the last few weeks, until Sandra came into the room.