Drummers heartbeat

JEMIMA

A few days past, and the boys had finished recording and were in post production.  I tried to pay attention to their work, but I got lost with all technicalities and decided that anything important they would tell or explain to me.  I know touring had been mentioned a lot but Matty was dragging his feet still. After spending the evening reading with Ed and helping Milo with artwork for the album cover, we gathered to eat dinner together.  I was feeling on edge and just a little off and wasn't sure why, I felt absolutely mentally exhausted today.

"Come on you lot, I made toad in the hole" Matty was impatiently calling us all over for the third time, I trudged over unenthusiastically.

"I'm not eating toad" milo screwed up his face.

"It's english" I tried to reassure him "it's sausages in Yorkshire puddings"

"What sausage in pudding?"

"No not like pudding pudding you idiot, it's savoury, it's nice just try it" Milo looked at his meal with apprehension poking it with his fork like a toddler. "I'm supposed to be the one with food issues round here so just eat your damn food milo" I snapped at him placing some toad in the hole in my mouth.

"Jemima Miller What's got into you" Ed scolded me for snapping at milo

"Sorry...sorry milo...I don't know I'm just really tired today" I sighed taking another mouthful "it's good Matty, just like grans, you should definitely make this again." I tried to redeem myself.  Matty seemed pleased with himself at his domestic achievement, none of them really cooked usually, but I'd noticed a few new cookbooks laying around the house with bookmarks in marking out pages. My phone was pinging constantly so I picked it up to see who it was that was so desperately trying to reach me, thinking maybe it would be William, I froze and my eyes widened at the name on my screen.

"I'm just going to go to bed" I hurriedly stood up

"No Jem, you can eat a bit more of that first" Matty pointed to my half eaten food.

"I'm not hungry" I sighed "I ate half!"

"Jemima eat some more please, you said it was good" Matty insisted

"I.said.I'm.not.hungry.what.part.of.that.are.you.not.understanding!" I huffed out extremely slowly and sarcastically as if Matty was not able to understand plain English.

"Jemima what's with the attitude tonight?" Matty looked utterly confused at me

"Nothing, I'm not feeling too good that's all, just put it the fridge I'll reheat it later"

"Ok, everything alright?"

I nodded at him hurriedly jogging up the stairs. I paced around the floral room biting my fingers looking at my phone that I had flung onto the bed. It pinged again and I froze. I picked it up and unlocked it scrolling through the messages.

Steve: you little bitch what have you done
Steve: you won't get away with this nor will that waster brother of yours you think your safe with him your not I'll find you
Steve:you'll always be my little Jem not his
Steve: I'm coming for you, for both of you, You've done it this time, I'm gonna make him suffer and it's all your fault.

I gasped and placed my hand over my mouth, he must know about the videos, shit. I started to panic, my hands shaking. I ran to the bathroom instantly throwing up into the toilet bowl. I heard footsteps on the stairs, I darted to the door slamming it shut and locking it.