Invited

No one comes to Shinya's 8th birthday party
.

"Sorry, I'm busy-" A girl threw the invitation she was handed right in the trash, before walking away.

"But you didn't even open it..." Shinya muttered.

He was at the age where you wanted to invite the whole class to your birthday. He didn't have any friends and he thought this might be his chance to make some.

He gave one to the pretty girl, and all the other boys and girls.

Over the next few days he couldn't wait for his party. He wondered how many presents he would get, and how many new friends he'd make.

Eventually it was the day of his party. He excitedly decorated everything, and set up everything for guests. Once he was done he waited.

He waited for his guests. He waited...and waited. He even fell asleep waiting and no one ever came. He looked at the time and it was past the time his party would have ended.

He stared at the clock blankly. Then his little heart dropped.

He started crying. He ran to his favorite spot to be alone, and balled his eyes out. Mid sob, he heard a strange noise from underneath his treehouse.

-Did you hear that?
-It's coming from up here.
-We shouldn't be trespassing-

There were noises of someone climbing the latter.

Then slowly a head full of black hair appeared in front of him.

"Ahhhh!!" He screamed in surprise at the intruder. "Wait-Don't be scared! I'm hear to help." "Huh?" Shinya wiped his tears away.

"You see me and my friends heard you crying, and we decided to help you feel happy again." The boy smiled. "Come down and we can do something fun." The boy suggests nicely.

Shinya made his way down the ladder and stood in front of five clearly older kids. They were all taller than him.

"First off, my name is Guren. Second, why are you so sad?" All the kids looked at him in worry. "I'm sad because no one came to m-my birthday party today." He whispered out shyly.

"Well we're gonna have to do something about that, aren't we?" Guren said to his other friends. "Yes!" They all agreed with him in unison.

"Come over here, we still have our bikes. Is it okay if we take you to get a present?" "Yeah!!" Shinya smiled automatically cheering up.

"Hop on dude" Guren smiled as Shinya got on the bike with him. "Wanna go to the toy store in town?" Shinya simply nodded in response as the two took off.

—————————-

"Come on Shinya, we only have enough money for one-" "But I like both!" Shinya said hugging two stuffed animals.

"Why settle for a bunny and a pig when you can have a-" Guren pulled out a stuffed animal, and threw it towards Shinya "Badass tiger!?-" a red haired girl immediately slapped Guren. "Your mom told you it's bad to swear!"

Shinya laughed at the two and began to smile even bigger. He then looked into the stuffed tigers blue eyes. It looked just like himself, white hair and all.

_____________

"Thank you guys for making my birthday special~" Shinya smiled hugging the stuffed toy tight. The others all smiled in appreciation of his thanks. But Guren began to talk.

"From now on we're friends. And don't worry about the other kids in your grade, we're cool and big kids." He smiled smugly. Shinya's face completely lit up.

"We're friends!?" "Of course-" Shinya ran towards him and gave him a big hug pressing his little cheek up against Guren's chest. The others all looked on in awe at the cute sight before them.

"Group hug!" Norito screamed joining them. Then all the others joined.

"This is the best birthday ever!" Shinya beamed happily.