Meant to Be 2/3

"I can't just march in there and confess my love to him Mahiru."

"It'll be fine-"

"Mahiru! It's your funeral for God's sake! He's going to be devastated. You can't just throw his emotions all around like that-"

"I don't see anything wrong with my idea-" "Because you don't have emotions anymore."

Shinya and Mahiru silently fought all the way up to her funeral. Mahiru yelled at him about wanting to move on. That's all she ever talked about. She no longer cared about him nor Guren.

Shinya's family were the first in the giant church. He was the only one to not look sad, so he had to put some acting into it. Later on Guren arrived. He sat next to Shinya with an exhausted emotionless face.

"Hey Guren..." he mutter out. Guren simply looked at Shinya without saying a word.

"Tell him. Tell him now!! Come on Shinya tell him! Please Shinya TELL HIM NOW!!-"

The voice boomed loud in Shinya's head as Mahiru stood in front of him screaming. Shinya took it like a champ for the first hour. But she went on nonstop.

One of Mahiru's friends was telling a story about her. The crowd was all crying including Guren. He tried to hide it, but Shinya could see the tears.

"SHINYA!!-"

"Can you shut the fuck up!?" Shinya lost his composure.

Everyone gasped and turned to him. Then he realized what just happened.

Quick! Do something! His internal voice yelled.

"I-I need to be alone for a second!" Shinya then pulled out some fake tears and sobs as he ran to the bathroom.

"What the actual fuck is you problem Mahiru? You made me look like a fool. Can you not see there were other people talking. I can't just be like 'Guren~ I love you! Do you love me too~?' That's not how things work. I know you want to go and all but be patient!-"

The door opened.

Guren slowly walked in. "Hey Guren...." Shinya said awkwardly. "Were you talking to yourself?" He asked. "Uhhhh...I was just...singing...?" Guren gave a sad smile. "Man....why did this have to happen?" Guren said looking at the grown. "I'm sorry-" "Don't be...there's nothing we could have done." Guren stood still and began to cry.

"Nows your chance Shinya!"

Shinya walked forward.

"Now!!"

Shinya hugged Guren. He cried silently in his arms.

"Now tell him Shinya!" Mahiru urged him on.

Shinya did not comply which made her even more furious. Her screams got louder and louder. Shinya hugged Guren tighter and tucked his head against his neck and shoulder to drown out Mahiru's angered screams.