Meant to Be 3/3

"When will you tell him?"

Mahiru said in an angry voice as she floated above Shinya ,who typed on his laptop.

"I'll tell him when the time is right-"

"Well the time should be right now because I need to go! Today in school you had the perfect chance, but you didn't take it."

"Because it's been only a month after your death."

"So?"

"He's hurting and I'm just trying to comfort him. It'll happen eventually just be patient." He said getting annoyed.

Mahiru then disappeared for a minute and reappear in front of Shinya.

"You have to go to him right now!! He's going to kill himself, then I can't go!!"

"What!?-"

"He's about to hang himself in his room!!"

Mahiru panicked.

Shinya quickly got up and and burst out the door running down the street at full speed.

"I'm so stupid I wasn't thinking about this. Of course he's devastated, he's been so depressed lately. Why didn't I think he'd take his life over this!?-"

Shinya was at Guren's door.

"The code is 2847"

Shinya typed in the code at the speed of light and slammed the door open.

"Guren!" He yelled in a panicked voice.

Guren was sitting at the kitchen table with his family for dinner.

She had tricked him! His body had then been taken over.

"Guren I love you, and want to be with you."

"I did it myself since you were taking forever."

Guren's and his family looked at him in shock. After a few more seconds Shinya ran out the door and Guren chased him.

"How could you!? How fucking could you!?" Shinya cried. "I only had one chance and you blew it because you're a selfish bitch! I hope you go to hell!" He screamed trying to outrun the spirit.

"Shinya..."

"Shinya!" Guren called after him.
———————
Shinya has locked himself in his room and put on his headphones on full blast. He wanted to block out the shitty world and his shitty ghost of a sister.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I just really want to leave."

But Shinya didn't hear. Shinya didn't even hear when Guren walked in his door.

"Hey-" Guren lifted the headphones off the other's his head.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean-" "Shinya, what's wrong with you? You have been acting so strange ever since Mahiru passed."

"It's just..."

"You know what? You don't have to help me. I was selfish..."

The ghost girl lowered her head in shame.

"Guren, I do love you."

Her head looked back up again.

"Even when you were with Mahiru, I've loved you for so long. And when she died, I felt so aweful about myself. I had despised her and was so jealous of her, so when she actually disappeared I felt like shit. I have no right to say this to you while you are going through such a loss-" "Shinya," Guren interrupted.

Mahiru looked at the two with hope.

"You are right, I don't feel the same."

"No!" She said in despair.

"It's just too soon. But if there's anyone who can help me get through this, I know it's you." Guren smiled for the first time since Mahiru's death. It was a soft subtle smile, but it was there.

Shinya smiled back before looking around the room for Mahiru's reaction, but she wasn't there. It was just him and Guren. All that remained was a single voice in his head that said "Thank you Shinya." and then silence.