Meant to Be 1/3

Mahiru died and can not move on until she fulfills her final wish of Guren being happy
.

Am I dead...?

Mahiru looks down to see her body.

Geez...Why am I not really upset? I thought I'd be freaking out, if I died so young?

She looked at her mangled body again.

Of course it had to be a car accident...I guess I should go now...

Mahiru stood still, but nothing happened. She was still on Earth. Why wasn't she going anywhere? Then it hit her...

Guren!

She almost forgot about him. How could she forget about the love of her life? Her soul purpose in life was to make him happy-That was it! That was the reason she could move on! She couldn't leave Guren depressed and sad. But now...she didn't feel anything for Guren. She didn't feel anything at all. She only felt herself yearning to move onto the unknown. She was no longer afraid of the unknown, she just wanted to leave, but she couldn't until she did what her living self wanted.

What a pain...

————————————-
The Hiragi Household

Ugh!! Now I have to help...Shinya and his pathetic crush. I was so annoyed by his crush when I was alive, but now I just don't care. I just want to get it done with and leave.

Shinya sat at his desk, which sat in the corner of his room. He was probably typing up an essay of something-because he looked really into it.

Mahiru got closer to get a better look.

Eh!?-A diary? I thought only girls wrote those-Wait a minute! This is why he was so protective about his laptop.

...

My god, it literally all about me and Guren. Ha! He has no idea I'm dead...welp let's get this done with.

Mahiru was about to get his attention, before Seishiro burst into the room. Shinya slammed his laptop shut.

"Dad wants to talk to us, idiot." He said before leaving.

Shinya simply got up and went downstairs as Mahiru followed behind. The whole family was in the living room. Tenri looked exhausted, and very emotion.

Damn, I've never seen dad this sad in my life...

"Guys...Mahiru has passed away...It was an accident relating to DUI."

-What!?
-Your joking!
-No...
-Sissy wouldn't just die!

"Is this a joke?" Shinoa asked thinking's she was catching on. That's when Tenri starting crying. At this it sunk into Shinoa. She started crying too. Kureto and Seishiro stood in shock. Shinya looked shocked too, but then a sprinted away, with Mahiru following of course.

Once he got to his room. He slammed the door shut. Tears pricked his eyes as he ran to his laptop. He opened it up and deleted the whole thing.

"I'm selfish!!" He screamed. "I'm so selfish!!" He threw his laptop on the ground. "I-I spent my whole life being jealous of her instead of getting to know her...and now she's gone!!" He screamed in pain. He slumped to the floor and began crying.

Maybe this is my cue...

She walked towards him. She then put a hand on his shoulder and spoke.

"Shinya"

He looked up and made eye contact with her.

"Shinya, don't freak out."

"Ma-Mahiru?-Now I'm seeing things-"

Mahiru slapped his face with her ghost hands.

"Huh!?"

"I'm really here idiot! I'm dead so what? I can't leave until I help you-" "How am I seeing you right now!?-" "Because I cant leave until I help you-" "But-" "Shut up and calm down! Just let me speak, and by the way your talking to yourself because I'm dead. Only you can see and hear me."

"Okay-" Mahiru exhaled. "I'm dead, but I cannot move on until I fulfill my living wish of Guren being happy before I go. And the only way I can make that happen...is...." Mahiru furrowed her brows in annoyance. "...if I leave him in good arms aka...you." "Wait so you can't move on until Guren and I are a thing?-This is perfect, I'll finally get to know you and-" "I don't want to be here Shinya, so don't annoy me more than I already am..." "uhhh...okay, sorry..."

The door slowly opened and Shinoa slowly walked in.

"I-I wish sissy could hear me say, I love her, one last time..." she said with wet red cheeks. Shinya simply gave the sad girl a hug. "She's way closer than you know. She definitely heard you say that." He whispered before looking up to Mahiru. Mahiru has a quick flash of emotion, but then it was gone. She bent down and joined the hug, but Shinoa would never know she was there.

"Your big sister is sorry for leaving you too soon. I love you Shinoa..." Mahiru said quietly as she hugged the two.