The End

The song 'As the World Caves In' inspired me
.

Shinya Hiragi was in love with his best friend. He wasn't sure if Guren would ever know of his feelings. The two were seniors this year. If Shinya didn't confess now the two would separate for college and Shinya would never get the chance again.

But he didn't plan to tell him, because he knew what the outcome would be.

Shinya packed the last of his books into his backpack before catching up with Guren in the hallway.

It was the end of the day and they planned to walk home together.

"Isn't it strange?" He asked Shinya. "What do you mean?" "There is a world war going on, yet we still go to school like it's normal. Like we aren't all going to die." "Why would you say that?" Shinya asked seriously.

"Didn't you hear they are planning on nuking everything?" "It's all threats Guren. Without a world what is there to rule? They wouldn't kill everything."

Would they?

"...right Guren?"

But Shinya didn't get a response. They continued walking when the school speaker blared out a loud warning.

"There is an upcoming nuclear attack! Take these steps to save yourself!"

Chills went down Shinya's spine.

"I knew it..." Guren and Shinya walked towards a window. In the distance a large mushroom cloud was forming.

"This is the end." He looked at Shinya who's tears were already streaming down his face. "This isn't fair." The white haired teen sobbed out. "Shinya, I'm just happy I get to spend my last moments with you. I'm happy I got to meet you." Tears pricked Guren's eyes as he placed his hand against Shinya's cheek. "G-Guren," Shinya cried as the calmer teen watched. "I wanted to tell you I loved you, ever since middle school." "I love you too Shinya."

The ground began to shake and blinding light appeared all around them. Shinya walked closer and held tight onto Guren. The speaker's voice became quieter as it continued to talk in a weak attempt to save lives.

He couldn't see anything, but he could feel Guren. And then he could feel nothing. He was gone.

They were both gone.