Chapter 35: Set things right

Elena's POV

"Is she going to be alright?" I hear a masculine voice as I begin to open up my eyes carefully. I was really tired. Damien abused me and I couldn't do anything about it. I deserve it though. I deserve to be treated this way. What I have done to Shawn is unspeakable . I'm a liar, a cheat, more like a slut, and a bad girlfriend. I don't deserve to be loved. I know Harry loves me so much. He would do anything for me but....we living this kind of life is just going to cause more pain and a lot of people are going to get hurt. I need to do what's right. What I should have done a long time ago.

"Yes, it's just some minor injuries. She will heal quickly but she still needs to rest." The doctor replies the man sitting in front of me.

"Oh, she's awake." He says, slowly.

"My daughter is awake." He touches my hair softly. A smile escaped my lips as I saw it was my dad.

"Dad, is it really you?" I say, trying my best to sit upright but my back aches a lot.

"Yes, it's me Ely. Did you really think I would forget you that easily?" He cupped my cheeks.

"Dad..." I let my tears flow freely. I just want to hug him so bad. I miss him so much. He was my last missing piece.

"Ely....I promise not to ever leave you again. Please forgive me." He holds my hands tightly.

"Dad....it wasn't your fault. So please don't say that." I pull myself together, giving him that hug we both wanted.

"Ouch..." I groan in pain, as he hugged me tightly.

"Oh...sorry. Ely ... That good for nothing won't get away with this. I promise you that."

"Mr judge calm down. I'm alright. You don't need to do anything. It's all my fault." I say. My dad can be over protective at times. On top of that, he's a judge.

"Oh, Ely. You're sure you didn't hit your head or something?" He chuckles.

"Dad, I didn't?" I try thinking if I actually did. Maybe but it doesn't have anything to do with this.

"Ely, you're still the same." He caresses my cheek.

"Dad....."

"Tell me, how are things going on with you and Shawn?"

"Is he here?" I asked.

"No but Harry and Anna are both outside. Anything wrong?"

"No, I just want to talk to Harry."

"Okay, that's not a problem. I will give you guys some space." He stands up, leaving the room.

"Harry, she's awake and she wants to see you." He delivers her message before going to see the doctor.

Harry and Anna stood up quickly in excitement.

"Alone." Elena's dad made that clear to Anna.

"Okay." She sat down back.

*******
Harry opens the door. He's worried look swept off as he saw Elena had really recovered.

"Harry, we need to talk."

Harry's pov

"El, what's wrong?" I asked because I was confused. She sounded serious. I sat beside her, planting a kiss on her forehead but I could see the pain in her eyes. Something was bothering her.

"Harry, we can't do this anymore." She cried uncontrollably.

"We can't do what? El, what are you saying?"

"Harry, it's over. We can do this anymore." I lower my head, feeling bad but I had no choice this has to be done.

"What did you say?"
If someone ever told me Elena was going to reject me I wouldn't believe it and I still wouldn't.

"Harry, please. It's what's best." She says, trying to calm me down but it wasn't helping. She only made it worse. 

"No! Fuck best! Elena I love you. We love each other. Tell me it's a joke. You don't mean it. Please..." He squeezes my hands tightly in his.

"Harry...it's over. We can't do this anymore. Let's go back to being friends."

"Friends?" I lower my head, unable to face him.

"Elena, you're mine." I say authoritatively. There was no way I was giving up on her.