VIVA LAS VEGAS - 1/6

My heart was racing. I couldn't believe it. I knew that Elvis had been dead for a very long time but right now in this moment, as I laid my head on his chest and cuddled him, I heard his heart beating. Suddenly I felt a strong feeling of grief. I didn't want him to be dead. I wished I could shout out to the world that Elvis was alive, that I could hear his breath, the strong beating of his heart, that I felt the warmth of his body and his soft skin. No matter, if I was just a groupie in his eyes, I had to hold on to this moment. I needed to know everything about him.

"How are you?", I asked.

Elvis looked at me, a bit puzzled it seemed. He didn't answer but dragged me into the middle of the room, where a nicely prepared dinner table was waiting for us. He had arranged dinner for me!

"Please take a seat!", he offered me a chair and I sat down.

I was overwhelmed by his kindness. He also sat down, smiled and looked deep into my eyes.

"I'm always feeling good, when you are around. However I'm not supposed to be here tonight."

"What do you mean?", it was hard for me to look into his face. These eyes were absolutely dazzling. I felt nervous.

"I was supposed to do a show with Frank Sinatra this evening. The Colonel arranged it but since he is out of town, I decided to cancel it."

I inferred that he meant Colonel Tom Parker, his manager. As I knew from my researches he was very ambitious when it came to Elvis' career and he did it regardless of the impact that it had on Elvis.

I touched his hand: "You simply canceled it?"

"Of course!", he looked a bit angry, "Why not?"

"Honestly, I think it's not that simple!"

I wanted to provoke him. There was a mission I had to accomplish. My head was clearer now and I chose not to become one of his victims.

"You shouldn't have canceled the show. There are many people waiting for you. What about your fans? You are disappointing them. You owe them. You are Elvis Presley!"

Suddenly he draw his hand away from mine. I could see the anger in his eyes. He hit the table with his fist so hard that the silverware was clashing. I got frightened. I didn't expect that what I said could make him angry.

"I'm tired of being Elvis Presley!"

He got up and began to walk from one end of the room to the other, like a tiger in a cage. I was shocked and couldn't do anything but just sitting at the table and saying nothing at all. As he continued to walk around, I heard him mumble:

"They will burn me. The money is all they want from me. I cannot do this anymore. This is not the life I wanted to have."

To see Elvis like this, made me very sad. I felt guilty because my words made him that angry. He obviously was very nervous and upset. He sat on the edge of the bed and put his hands upon his face.

"I don't want this anymore, Idy. I'm so sick of it. You know, I love my fans very much. I'm a singer and singing is what I always wanted to do but I have to pay a damn high price for it every day. I really want to quit. Can you understand that, Idy?"

He looked at me. I still was sitting at the table, feeling numb. I clearly was angry about myself and what I had just said. Of course, I wanted to fool him, take revenge for all the girls he was flirting with but I never intended to make him so desperate. I saw the sadness in his eyes and it just tore my heart into pieces. I went to the bed and sat down next to him. He instantly took me into his arms. He held me tight and said nothing. I still felt this fear to tough him. I was embarrassed and got out of his embrace softly. Elvis looked at me. As I looked into his eyes, my heart jumped. I was very attracted to him. My hands were shaking as I softly touched his neck and began to loosen his scarf. He let me do it. I took the scarf into my hand, leaned towards him and kissed his neck. Elvis sighed.

"Idy, let's get out of here. Let's go somewhere far away."

He gently pushed me away from him and then he kissed me very passionately. His hands went to my back. I felt him opening the zip of my dress slowly. My heart was beating so loud that I could hear it. What was happening? Now he had me. I kissed him back even more passionately. I was dying to feel him. After he had opened my dress entirely, I rashly stripped it off. Then I loosened the buttons of his shirt, while he was opening my bra. As I felt his body upon mine, I was in seventh heaven. I closed my eyes and wished this dream would never be over.

- to be continued-