VIVA LAS VEGAS-1/69

Elvis slammed the door behind us. He was still grabbing my arm really tight. I tried to free myself:

„That hurts! Please let me go!", but instead of releasing me, he starred at me with a dark glance in his eyes. He didn't say anything until he lowered his head with a big sigh.

„What is this all about, Idy?", he looked down on the floor. Suddenly he finally released me from his grasp.

„What do you mean?", I asked and rubbed the spot above my elbow that hurt after he had grabbed me so tightly.

„Why did you leave so suddenly without telling me and then of all things it had to be Las Vegas? It's Harris, isn't it? Is there something going on between you and him?"

„What?"

Elvis folded his arms in front of his chest. As he looked at me, I saw the cold rage in his eyes.

„Are you cheating on me with Michael Harris?"

I thought that I might had misheard him. How did he dare to ask me something like this? And why was he treating me like this? Only his enchanting charisma made him even more attractive this evening and this was the only reason why I had allowed him to treat me that way. But now I had to stop it. I couldn't stand that kind of behavior.

"That's exactly what I have to ask you!", angrily I pushed my finger against his chest.

"Are you asking me if I have an affair with Michael Harris?", he couldn't hold back a grin.

His reaction made me even more angry. Now he was making a fool of me. I released all my anger and sadness and yelled at him:

„I watched you and Ann-Margret, how you kissed passionately. And you dare to imply that I have an affair with Michael Harris? What about you and Ann? A simple showgirl like me obviously has no place in your life. That's why I decided to leave to Las Vegas. That's where I belong to. It seems that I'm not good enough for you. I'm sorry but I cannot keep up with the great Elvis Presley. Please leave me alone! It doesn't make any sense no more."

I was well aware that I was provoking Elvis. Deep in my heart I knew that I had chosen him but I had to find out if he also loved me unconditionally.

Elvis listened to my speech. At first I thought that he already had calmed down but he was getting more and more upset:

„You could have come to me. We could have talked about it, Idy. If we ever want to be together you cannot behave like that. Why don't you trust me? The thing with Ann-Margret means nothing to me. On the contrary, I stopped talking to her or seeing her but for the sake of the movie I will have to continue working with her. There will be other women in my life. But there is a big difference in knowing them very well and love. I love you Idy, how often do I have to tell you this?", his eyes had that sensitive expression. My knees went weak.

„I'm still not sure, if I can trust our love, Elvis. I have to be sure!" I hoped that he would understand and tenderly take me into his arms. But Elvis hesitated.

„Tell me what I should do to prove my love!"

„Say that you will love me forever and that you will stay with me forever."

Elvis shook his head and starred on floor again. Silently he answered: „I cannot do this, Idy. I don't know what god has planned for us. I won't promise something that I might won't be able keep."

It felt like somebody had just stabbed me with a knife. I was gasping for air. My worst nightmare seemed to be come true. Had I just lost Elvis and our love?

"B...but you have to promise me!", I begged, "Our love has to be forever! I cannot lose you!"

„Idy, please don't make me promising!"

I cried. Everything seemed to be hopeless. Elvis tried to comfort me by kissing my forehead.

„You once told me that you want to have a family with me.", I sobbed.

Elvis nodded: „Maybe we will someday, maybe we won't.", he kissed my hand, „Why can't we go on like it is right now and we will see what the future will bring? Why are you in such a hurry, Idy?"

I took a deep breath and pulled all my guts together: „I have no time, Elvis! I'm pregnant."

-to be continued-