VIVA LAS VEGAS-1/66

I didn't dare to breathe. My heart was beating wildly. Jerry pushed the gun harder against my head. I was frozen, paralyzed. I wondered if this was the end.

„My babies!", I thought sobbing.

„Look who we have here! The Elvis bitch!", I could see Jerry's evil face in the mirror.

I felt the blood freezing inside my veins. Terrified I starred into the mirror. Jerry's eyes were full of hate. His finger was at the trigger.

„One wrong movement, and it's gonna be over!", I thought. Desperately I was looking for a way out but there was none. It was hopeless. I was completely at Jerry's mercy. I asked myself where he came from so suddenly and how he had been able to find me. I wanted to call for help, but I feared that Jerry might kill me instantly.

„You have no idea, how long I've been waiting for this moment.", Jerry said and I recognized the satisfaction in his voice, „Today you will pay for everything you did to me, you little piece of shit!"

I watched him in the mirror and saw how his face suddenly changed. The grin was gone and now he starred at me with a diabolic look in his eyes. I knew that he wasn't joking. This guy was ready kill me.

„You and your oh so fine Elvis informed the Sheriff. I lost my job because of you. I had to disappear for a while but they will get me anyhow. Well, I thought if I have to go to jail and even might not survive this, why don't I take you with me, you slut! Because you deserve to die!"

I gasped for air. My brain was working full speed. I still was looking for a chance to get out of this situation. But the more I thought about it, the more it came clear to me that probably I wouldn't survive this. But I wanted to make one last try. I pulled all my guts together and took a deep breath:

„Please Jerry, don't do anyting you might regret. I'm pregnant. You cannot kill my unborn children. You are not that kind of man, Jerry!", I begged desperately.

For one second I saw uncertainty in his face. He even took the gun off my head for a short moment. I recognized that I had made him nervous. But then he quickly put the gun back and pushed even harder against my head. He pushed so hard that it hurt terribly. I moaned. The pain was running through my whole body.

„Don't lie to me, you bitch! You are about to expedite your own death. If it's true, I don't care ...then Elvis' bastard has to die, too, so what.", that's when I suddenly heard the clicking noise of the trigger. I shut my eyes. My heart was pounding so loudly that I could hear it in my head. I knew that this was the end. Then I heard the shot.

But nothing happened. I opened my eyes and looked into the mirror. There was no trace of Jerry. Instead Michael was standing behind me. He carried a gun in his hand and starred at me: „Idy, are you alright?"

„Am I dead?", I whispered.

„No, no, darling. Everything is fine.", Michael put the gun away, knelt down next to me and wrapped his arms around me, „You are safe. He won't hurt you again."

My whole body was shaking, tears ran down my face. Then I heard somebody whimper behind me. I turned around and saw Jerry laying on the floor. He obviously was in pain. Michael must had sneaked up from behind and stopped Jerry with shot into his leg. The floor was covered with his red blood.

I jumped up and fell into Michael's arms: „You saved my life!"

„Don't you worry, baby. From now on, I won't let you out of my sight. You are safe with me. I will inform the Sheriff. He will lock him up.", I was still shaking and sobbing. Michael squeezed me tight: „It was good that I followed you. You have a very bad habit, you are constantly letting me stand alone in the rain. But rest for now, we both will talk again about what I just asked you."

But I wasn't able to follow what he was saying because I was still so scared. I looked down on the floor where Jerry was laying. His condition seemingly got worse and the look on his face said it all. A cold shiver ran down my spine.

„It will be better if you leave now.", Michael stroke my hair tenderly, „Rest a bit. I will stay here until the Sheriff arrives."

I nodded, then I went slowly and shaky around Jerry. When he suddenly moved a little, he scared the hell out of me. I was still afraid he might get me after all.

But Michael's shot did its job. Jerry was badly wounded. He wasn't able to do anything at all.

However I was running out of the dressing room as fast as I could. All I wanted was to get to my room. There I felt safe. Then the pain and the anger burst completely out of me. I screamed as loud as I could and threw everything, my hands could get, against the walls. I didn't care about the damage I caused. I had to get it out of my system. A few minutes ago I was sure that I was going to die. Thank god, the babies seemed to be fine. I was worried that the panic might had harmed them. The doctor had warned me and told me to relax. But the last few days had been hard for me. First there was this kiss. The picture of Elvis and Ann-Margret still made me shiver. My heart was broken. I was constantly thinking about Elvis and Michael's proposal made it even worse. But I probably would never overcome what just had happened. I felt the terror creeping up on me. Probably it wasn't a good idea to be alone in this moment. Then suddenly somebody knocked at my door.

-to be continued-